Has anyone else heard of Q-Bond ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else heard of Q-Bond ?

I bought some of this yesterday to fill some hole in a piece of aluminum. This product looks like it will be great for fixing the older type of plastic and rubber as well as metal in our hobby. I'm not here to promote the product, but if this works as good as I've seen on youtube and been told by local mechanics, I thought it might be good to pass the information on to you guys.

Finally got to use this Q-Bond on some aluminum last night. I was filling holes in cast work. I was impressed with the performance. Seems to me that the glue is nothing more then super glue and then there are two different additives for making the fill. I can see a lot of uses for this product. So far I am impressed. Just passing it along, I hope it will help others out.

Comment

I'm not familiar with it. What is the difference between this and say JB weld?
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

This product is not an epoxy type of product where you need to mix tube A with tube B. There is a youtube video out there that shows an example of the product. It's fast. I put the glue on and then the beads (thats what I'll call them) then one more drop of glue. Then 10 seconds later it's was ready to be filed to smoothness. I bought mine at CarQuest. I think this will be good for mending weather stripping and rubber moldings. I think once it's used you'll find and endless list of things to use it on. I am still researching the product myself.

Comment

I bought some from a tool guy at work last year but I haven't tried it yet. I kinda forgot I had the stuff. It wasn't cheap from him but maybe other place sells it for less.

Comment

Originally posted by 2r10jim View Post
            This product is not an epoxy type of product where you need to mix tube A with tube B. There is a youtube video out there that shows an example of the product. It's fast. I put the glue on and then the beads (thats what I'll call them) then one more drop of glue. Then 10 seconds later it's was ready to be filed to smoothness. I bought mine at CarQuest. I think this will be good for mending weather stripping and rubber moldings. I think once it's used you'll find and endless list of things to use it on. I am still researching the product myself.
            Jim, is this the stuff you have to keep cold between uses? If so, I bought some along with a filler you add when applying, at a trade show last March. Kind of like Super Glue and is very strong as soon as it dries. Just make sure one does not drip some on plastic eye glass lens, it don"t come off.

Comment

Working...
            X