Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info on:* Studebaker Miracle Power Engine Lubricant * ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on:* Studebaker Miracle Power Engine Lubricant * ?

Let me start by thanking everyone for taking the time to read my post and hopefully share any knowledge you may have on this.

I recently moved into a new home and found Half a box of 1 Pint Studebaker Miracle Power Engine Lubricant Cans ( 7 In Total) They are in like new condition and still full - I even have the original box these all came in. The Part No is: AC-2739 . I have looked online and haven't been able to really find any info at all on these I believe they are from the mid 50's? I can Upload a pic if that would help. Are these Collectible? If I were to sell them or put them on an auction site like e-bay does anyone know what a fair asking price would be? Any more info on these? I believe they are an engine additive?

Thanks again for your time.

I have one of those cans. About the only way to determine their market value is to put them on Ebay and see what they sell for.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

is this it, or what the can(s) looks like???

Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I also have one , they are not too hard to come by , a good price to list them for is like this seller did.....9.99
        They will do ok but that depends on the market right now .
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Corvanti: Thats close only these cans have Studebaker in cursive above Miracle Power and the Part No below miracle power. And the cans are in almost New condition still shiny no rust, unopened, etc.. When I get home later tonight I could upload a pic if it would help. - thank you
          Last edited by VRMOhio; 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

pics would certainly help, also a pic of the original box.

i'd bet you may get some p.m.'s (private messages) here to purchase one or all, overnight.

but a lot of us here are called "CASO" - a (Cheap @$$ Studebaker Owner).

good luck!!!
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Sure I will post Pics of the cans and box (Box is still intact but probably 60+ years old so has some wear) as soon as I get home in a couple hours. Fell free to PM me if interested.

Comment

Introduced in 1955. Shown is the early style cans. About 1956-57 the graphics were changed to a standardized the design. The early cans (like that shown) are more scarce than the later ones.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

^ - Yah Exactly Thanks ! Those are the exact cans, I'll get some pics up for you guys here in a little bit, any idea on a fair value given the stated condition? Were these only made for a year then?

Comment

Originally posted by VRMOhio View Post
                    ^ - Yah Exactly Thanks ! Those are the exact cans, I'll get some pics up for you guys here in a little bit, any idea on a fair value given the stated condition? Were these only made for a year then?
                    That particular can was likely made for only a year or two but I am not sure that will have much effect on value. There are a limited number of collectors for this type of item and to many the newer can (which is relatively common) is adequate to fill a hole in the collection. You won't know until you try ebay or ?
                    Richard Quinn
                    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

"Miracle Power Engine Lubricant is a complete suspension of colloidal synthetic graphite in a pure, neutral petroleum oil. The graphite particles are so fine that they are not removed by oil filters approved or used by car manufacturers."

Colloidal synthetic graphite? Might this lubricant be what created the thick sludge in my 289 V8?
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Still waiting for pictures???
                        sigpic

Comment

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Here are some of my collection.....always adding
                            sigpic

Comment

55? Well everything I bought on eBay for my 55 was more expensive because the seller always called it "Speedster" part. That should boost the value 40% (lol).
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X