Does your spouse hate Studebakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your spouse hate Studebakers?

I'm curious and want to do a quick survey. Is there anyone but me who has a spouse who hates Studebakers? My wife says they're money pits, to which I say, "True". But she also thinks they are ugly and has announced she won't be seen in my 1966 Cruiser now matter how nice I make it.

Any others?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Depends on the year. The older the better for her. Me, I like them all
    Orlando FLA

Comment

I guess not! When we started dating I was driving a 57 Chevy. I sold it and bought a Sky Hawk and she started talking about getting married. 44 years later she has a 47 M series, a 63 GT, and 81 Avanti.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Mine tolerates Studebaker's about as much as she tolerates....me.....
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I can hardly crack the garage door before she is it and waiting to go. She has never griped about the money or time I spend on any of my cars. Lucky to get her I guess.

Comment

Believe me...I'm NOT copying Neil"s reply. My wife and I started dating in 1966 and at that time I was driving a black 59 Silver Hawk that I had already owned 3 years. Through a brief period, we owned several other makes of cars as she could not drive a stick shift and didn't want to learn. She is now, and has been, the proud owner of her own white 59 Silver Hawk since 1977. We too, have been married 44 years. If it works.....don't mess with it.

Dan Miller
            Auburn, GA

Comment

Wife

My wife is why I have Studebakers................ When we met she was driving a 62 Lark..............almost 40 years later we still have several several Studebakers and she is Vice-President of The North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club................
              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

We have a guy in our chapter whose wife doesn't do car stuff at all... and we have a wife in our chapter who is the Studebaker person in the couple. Her hubby tags along because of the nice people in the club.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I know Dan's and Jack's wives. They are both COOL Ladies! We are 3 lucky men.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I'm curious and want to do a quick survey. Is there anyone but me who has a spouse who hates Studebakers? My wife says they're money pits, to which I say, "True". But she also thinks they are ugly and has announced she won't be seen in my 1966 Cruiser now matter how nice I make it.
                    Any others?
                    i have to say, as the ex-Mrs. Corvanti left a few days before last Christmas, that your spouse probably has other issues and uses the stude as an excuse for other things that are bothering her...

i'll stop with that!
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

My wife has always liked Studes, and drove her own GT for nearly 50,000 miles before wrecking it 8-9 years ago. A big truck nearly climbed over the front of the car, and after that accident she became scared of driving them. Over the years she has slowly garnered her courage, and says she is now ready to drive another Stude. As luck would have it, we recently found her another GT, which she plans to drive as soon as I give it a thumbs up for road worthyness.

Comment

Mine hates my '41, says I should have kept the Edsel

Comment

My wife likes them - has even spotted them and told me where she saw them so I could go check them out. Loves driving one when she gets the chance.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My wife likes Studebakers and enjoys going to meets when she gets the chance. Of course, I told her before we got married that the cars were part of the deal.
                            I have always been careful not to put the family in a bind because of my hobby. I knew a man years ago whose wife hated his Studebaker because she said in the past he had bought cars when the family needed things.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

My opinion hasn't changed any: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=spouse

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X