2R Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2R Count

While assisting our Treasuerer/Membership Director with compiling a new 2012 Chapter Roster with Studebakers owned, we found a VERY high amount of 1949-'53 2R-series trukcs in our chapter including these two restored-to-original 2R5's which appeared together for the annual Spring Thaw late last month:

We have over a dozen in our chapter, including both original, modified, and 'unrestored' trucks.

Craig

Nice pair....the owners should be very proud of those.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

800x600 is a good pic size for forums....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        800x600 is a good pic size for forums....
        Just for you, Jeff, and for those others who don't want to kiss their bumpers:

Craig

Comment

The 2R-series trucks were Studebaker's most successful models. Over the five years of production 266,662 2R-series trucks were built.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Those trucks are beautiful. I like the way the owner of the green one has tucked turn signal lights up in the grille. I think that looks much better than the trailer lights some people just stick somewhere on the front sheet metal. If I ever find me a 2R it will have lights in the grille like that.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

And for contrast - and evoking sorrow - here's the pair I visited in the wrecking yard last week. By coincidence, their original colors were green and red also. These veterans will never get to gleam (or pay tribute to Bourke) again.
              Attached Files
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

AWESOME pics as usual Craig- thanks!!!

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                Those trucks are beautiful. I like the way the owner of the green one has tucked turn signal lights up in the grille.
                I like that as well. I'll be doing something along those lines to Nelly,
                but I think I'll put them lower in the grille.
                She sits a bit higher then a 1/2 ton...

StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It's asthetically pleasing, the way those lights are tucked into the grille slots. Thing is, why bother? There's no way they can be readily noticable, being so small and discrete. Since I don't want someone pranging my Stude - I want lights you can't miss!

Got a kick with the comment about just finding a place on the sheet metal to stick lights to. Lights on top of the fenders is/was the "factory" method of mounting. It's gotta be tough for someone NOT to see them blinking there.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                    It's asthetically pleasing, the way those lights are tucked into the grille slots. Thing is, why bother? There's no way they can be readily noticable, being so small and discrete. Since I don't want someone pranging my Stude - I want lights you can't miss!

Got a kick with the comment about just finding a place on the sheet metal to stick lights to. Lights on top of the fenders is/was the "factory" method of mounting. It's gotta be tough for someone NOT to see them blinking there.
                    In my case- I'm thinking of those lights as more of a marker or 'running' light-
                    sorta like the factory lights in Pete's grille
                    Well, that and Nelly's fender mounted turn signals are over the roofs of most everything on the road... I think something in her lower grille would be seen better by more.

StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

And for contrast - and evoking sorrow - here's the pair I visited in the wrecking yard last week. By coincidence, their original colors were green and red also. These veterans will never get to gleam (or pay tribute to Bourke) again.
                      'Just amazing, Bob. I'd faint if I visited any salvage yard in Indiana and saw two of those trucks at all, much less that relatively "dry." BP
                      Last edited by BobPalma; 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM.
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

StudeDave observes: "sorta like the factory lights in Pete's grille ."

StudeBob responds: Huh???

Comment

StudeDave observes: "sorta like the factory lights in Pete's grille ."
                          StudeBob responds: Huh???
                          So I guess I need to study up on my Transtars?
                          Dad's '61 has 'parking' lights in the grille,
                          and turn signals on the fenders.

To the back of the class I go...

StudeDave '57
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Not on the 57-58 3E series.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Yup. Dual-filament bulbs in Pete's Sparton fender lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X