Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #106 (Brooks Stevens color art - 1963 convertible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #106 (Brooks Stevens color art - 1963 convertible)

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Interesting! Thanks Ricard. Whenever I look at these penned proposals, I'm struck by the details that DIDN'T make it to the production line. In this case, the aft side moulding - what we have come to call a "butterknife" - looks more like a fountain pen in this drawing. What I wonder is WHO deemed that the "pen" wasn't THE desired look. Was it Stevens, whoever signed off on his work, or someone who decided tooling for the butterknife look was less expensive than the pen look?
    As well, what we got in the end was a recolor of the wheelcover that had been in use since '59. Certainly THAT was a matter of costs. In any of these stylings/facelifts - SOMEONE has to say: OK - that's what we're going with.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I like the lower moulding treatment myself. Makes the car look lower & adds class. I dont care for the front end panel but from this angle the tail lamp housings look very much like what was adapted for 64.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thank you mr Quinn for posting the picture ray wise
        rawise

Comment

I think the hubcaps look like an old TV test pattern
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X