Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 1924 Studebaker Phaetons were built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many 1924 Studebaker Phaetons were built?

Hey guys,

How many 1924 Studebaker Phaetons were produced, in all models? I can't find the info anywhere, so hoping you guys know.

Thanks! (Definately not eyeing a project right now...)
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Dylan; There are no production figures by body type available in this year. However one could come up with an estimate by adding all Big Six, Special Six and Light Six production and taking 80% of that total. Approx 80% of production in that era was open tourings (as opposed to closed cars). I can tell you that number would be quite substantial. Did you know that the 1923 calendar was the highest selling year in the pre WWII era?

The car above is a top of the line Big Six touring and likley the best in the country. The owner called me today to relate he will be selling it. If you have $75,000 laying around I am sure he would entertain your offer. A Special Six in similar condition might be about 30% less and a Light Six about 50%. Of course the market for these cars is rather "soft" at this time so tyhese prices are probably a bit optimistic.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Gee, that's a nice car, Dick. Nice photo, too. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow, thanks! Now, I've noticed some have a body line near the top of the body, some dont. Whys that?
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
          Wow, thanks! Now, I've noticed some have a body line near the top of the body, some dont. Whys that?
          The Big Six, Special Six and Light Six had totally different bodies. The Big Sixes for 1922-24 were essentially the same. The one in the photo is actually a '23. The side mounted spares were extra. All cars so equipped were called "Speedsters" by the company. Below a graphic I made up for the owner for display with the car.

Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dang these are purty cars! What are some defining characteristics of the different models? I'm looking at a dry shell of one now.
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

where'd you find this one at Dylan? Running out of room and time yet? Got any pictures of it?

btw - did you make it to the swap meet? I ended up flying out of there before getting a hold of anyone but Gordon. I had a lot on my plate that day.
              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Not yet, its in a large lot of model t parts, hence how I found it. Room, getting close xD Time disappeared a while ago.....

Yup, I was there all day. Most of the time at the JC Taylor booth. Hopefully meet you soon at another?
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                  Not yet, its in a large lot of model t parts, hence how I found it. Room, getting close xD Time disappeared a while ago.....

Yup, I was there all day. Most of the time at the JC Taylor booth. Hopefully meet you soon at another?
                  Definitely. Next shows I am planning to head to are Blessing of the Cars, Greenwood, and Good Guys. Where was the JC Taylor booth at?

Comment

Right up near the car corral, two booths down from that 1935 dodge truck.
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

damn. I probably walked by you 3 or 4 times! Possibly even stopped at the booth.

Comment

Dang! See a red head in a brown sweater, ossibly with a phone attatched to his ear?
                        Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                        X