55 uneek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 uneek

A buddy of mine saw a car down in the Escondido-Temecula area today. He could not tell what it was and it had NO badging at all on it. He said it was white and a purple or Lavender top. The license plate read "55 UNEEK".
    He said it was a 2 door wagon and it had a split center grille with kind of a V shape to it in the center. I was wondering if it may have been a Stude since he said it looked like a Stude after he passed it and looked back in his mirror.

Could it be someones here on the site? Anyone seen a car like this?
    Just curious.

I sent my buddy some pics of 53-55 Stude wagons and he says it was definately a Stude 2 door wagon. It was white and the posts around the windows was purple. The plates may have been UNEEK 55

Comment

55 Dodge

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I really like that.

Comment

I sent that to my buddy Pauly and that is the exact car....not just LIKE the car, that IS the car. He was driving up the 15 fwy between San Diego and Temecula.

Nice find Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            55 Dodge
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Yes, I've seen that one at the Vista Rod Run over the years too. Nice ride.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The cool grille bar is from a 1955 Chrysler (look just above the bumper in the picture, below).

~Matt Connor
                '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Wagons seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days?????
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

20 years ago people couldn't give these cars away! Now each and everyone of them are worth some serious cash.

Comment

It is all that is left to hot rod or get affordably, but even that is ending.
                      Not sure about other states, but in Cali we have to smog any car from 1975 and newer ever 2 years. {the cut off year of '75 may be off by a year or so, it is a constantly moving number}
                      So if you want to swap out to a hot rod engine, BBC, SBC, blower....you HAVE to use an older car here or you will have a TOUGH time smogging it and making sure all of your PVS, smog pumps, EGR, and every other ridiculous smog crud is operational every 2 years.

Over the years as people have bought up the more traditional rod cars, then it went to less conventional, then even 4 doors got acceptable, now wagons are hot. Think about when you were a kid and getting your first cool car, would you have chosen a '55 Chevy 2 door hardtop or a '55 4 door wagon? 99% of us would have chosen the Bel Air HT. That is the same way the restored and hot rodded car market has gone, at least in my eyes. When I was a kid the tri-5 Chevys were crazy hot. None of us could afford a 2 door 150, let alone a 210 or HT. But you could still find a 4 door pretty cheaply and wagons were dirt cheap. You could buy a '68-72 Nova cheap. You could almost get someone to GIVE you a '73/74 and PAY you to take a '75 and later Nova. Now, those are 5K for a fixer upper.

Everybody I know LOVES old cars, and many, if not most, of them would love to own one. The average person though would have a hard time spending 20k on a car that needs to be restored or rebuilt. If you find an old wagon or 4 door of ANY make and model for $500- $1500 many people could justify that kind of an expense. PLEASE DO NOT read into my opinion as me saying that wagons and 4 doors are not cool. I LOVE them. There are alot of cars I would prefer in a wagon and some I would prefer a 4 door. It just comes down to price and availability for many of us.

That is exactly why I bought my '49 C-cab. Not because it was my DREAM truck all my life, but because I found it for $580 and thought "I can afford that". Bought and love it now. Got some great friends in the deal too.

Comment

Working...
                      X