Tempting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempting

I'm tempted to hit the buy it now but I'm just not that crazy about the cheap steering wheel.
    For that kind of money I'd expect something a little nicer.....

TDITS The Dude In The Stude

3.9 million buy it now? High expectations for sure.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

That is a lot of zeros. This guy must have had a sticky key when doing the ad. Makes me wonder just what the reserve is.

Comment

Looks like someone was having fun with the buy it now feature.
        He won't have to worry about me bidding. The car is way too modified for my taste. More like garage art than something to drive.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Current high bidder

Originally posted by MRHawkes View Post
          That is a lot of zeros. This guy must have had a sticky key when doing the ad. Makes me wonder just what the reserve is.
          Just bid $300, Maybe he will lower the reserve.

Comment

I am betting he meant $39,900.00. Not a bad price for the work involved. I absolutely like the 59 Chevy dash, a similar vintage/style steering wheel would be a much better choice. But easy enough to change if you like the rest of the car. As with all customs, he will need to find a buyer that shares his vision. Wish there were more pictures with the ad.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

With so many pictures I'm surprised no one has hit the bin yet.
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Isn't 3.9 mil the going rate for Plum Crazy 53 Studes with a 59 Chevy dash?????? Garage Art indeed.
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Maybe a member in Arizona can verify that the car is worth the 3.9 million.

Comment

Definitely not to my taste (not that anybody asked) but I'm right there with Mr. Dilling on that '59 Chevy dash. Shows a whole lot more imagination, ingenuity and just plain style than the flat panel with round gauges I keep seeing in these cars.

As for the $3.9 M - well - dream on, dreamer.

Chip, you crack me up.
                    Last edited by JGK 940; 05-21-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I owned a Plum Crazy 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T.
                      The main thing that I dislike about this coupe is the hood and there isn't even a reason that it had to be raised.
                      I went to bid on the car and then noticed something that bothered me. The S/N is for a late 1954 model South Bend Champion. I will ask him about this before bidding.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looking at his dash again, I think I would use dark faced gauges that more closely match the speedometer. For me it's little things like that, and the steering wheel, that separate truly exceptional custom cars. Unless something else strikes my fancy I hope to find one of those dashes to put in my Conestoga.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I like customs, but I am with Pat, it is all in the details that make it cool, or stand out. The satin paint touches date the car very poorly. {unless I am just thinking the hood is satin, maybe not, maybe just poor paint?}
                          I Love pinstriping, but it has to fit the cars style, the Iroc wheels, billet everything, modernish grille inserts, and big modern hood scoop just do not match the pinstripe style....but of course, that is just MY opinion, that and 4 bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.

To me Pats red '53 is much more cohesive in styling top to bottom.

Comment

It just makes me SO proud to know that I hang around on the same forum as someone who can buy it now for $3.99 million.

Comment

Working...
                            X