56 wagon back up light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 wagon back up light

A back-up light just sold on ebay (#170030088262)that was discribed to fit a 56 Hawk. My wagon has the same back up lights on it as these. A while back someone told me the wagon lights where different. My build sheet says they are factory. I know they are very rare and expensive but at least there was another model that shared these.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

I looked but the auction apparently ended!?
    The wagon lights are different than the coupe/sedan backup lights.
    I copied the number and transfered it to e-bay, "that number doesn't exist", is what the note said.

The backup lights on my 54 are between the window and just above the tail lights. Round, about 3" around at the body, with about a 2" round, clear lens. The body is "almost" round...front to back, but is oval when looking at it from the side. Round from the front or rear.

Mike

Comment

My mistake. Here is the correct ebay item number # 170130088262. I am still of the belief that my lights are factory and they are the same as these. I starting to beleive a 56 wagon was an odd ball year for these. If someone can post this picture it would help alot. thanks

Comment

Ken,

You're right about this BU lite being kinda goofy so far as the '56 wagons go. It IS the right light (the one that was on ebay - offered by Barry Hackney, BTW) and it's the same as was used on '56 Hawks. The difference is in the stanchions that the lights used to fit to the body. There's a seprate part number for the wagon spacer/mount/stanchion.
        I DON'T know what the difference is, but I suspect it's in the shape of the mounts.
        I picked up a PAIR of these lights in South Bend. They need chroming and one of them is missing it's stanchion. Thing is, the stanchion that IS there looks just like a chromed socket to the unknowing eye. I figured I'd just find an old socket that was close in size and appearance and use it to complete the setup when I ebay them. They need to be rechromed, but I was just gonna offer them like they are and let the buyer worry about makin' 'em look purdy!
        Of course, if you're interested in them - write me.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, I have sent you an e-mail. In case you don't recieve it I do want the BU lights. I am going on vacation for two weeks but please hold them for me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X