Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the Avanti to a corvette show today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Avanti to a corvette show today.

Needles to say I was the only one there with an Avanti however there was one guy with a Packard hawk. They do allow other makes so it wasn't entirely corvettes but Bairs corvette hosts the show there were over 250 corvettes and 130 other makes.

Anyhow when the promoters found out I had an Avanti the freaked out and handed me this.

They said they obviously had plenty of vettes It only one Avanti so far and it wasn't a definite. So we need to get some more there.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Looks like a neat event.

Hopefully area SDC'ers will show the flag.

The flyer promises MFG Tray giveawys...I wonder if they'll be custom made for the event (perhaps an illustration of a 'Vette and Avanti). If so, I wouldn't mind one.
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 05-19-2012, 03:36 PM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      Looks like a neat event.

Hopefully area SDC'ers will show the flag.

The flyer promises MFG Tray giveawys...I wonder if they'll be custom made for the event (perhaps an illustration of a 'Vette and Avanti). If so, I wouldn't mind one.
      The tray is how this all started. MFG made abounch of fiberglass cafeteria trays with Avanti illustrations on them. I have one and we seen one there in Bairs showroom. Asked I they were for sale because I have an Avanti. They ladys eyes lit up and said do you? When I said yes she showed me the flyer.

I already have one of the trays but there were several more at Bairs showroom.
      I'm sure they made corvette trays also but I've never seen one I'll find out though.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

To: 289stude,---This upcoming show sounds interesting. This is the same MFG that did the early Corvettes and Stude Avantis? And the Company is called Molded Fiberglass Tray Company now? And they are
        loacated in PA not Ohio?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          To: 289stude,---This upcoming show sounds interesting. This is the same MFG that did the early Corvettes and Stude Avantis? And the Company is called Molded Fiberglass Tray Company now? And they are
          loacated in PA not Ohio?
          From what I gather they had about 7 plants including one in oh and several in pa Im not exactly sure what the one in lionsville made or when but they only do trays now. Not even sure how many of the 7 plants are still in operation. I'll get more of the history at the show. Always knew this plant was there but didn't realize it was affiliated with the auto production till today.
          John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
            Needles to say I was the only one there with an Avanti however there was one guy with a Packard hawk. They do allow other makes so it wasn't entirely corvettes but Bairs corvette hosts the show there were over 250 corvettes and 130 other makes.
            They said they obviously had plenty of vettes It only one Avanti so far and it wasn't a definite. So we need to get some more there.
            you'll be living my dream: taking my avanti to a 'vette show!

think you get "nit-picked" here? take a "matching numbers" '80 C3 Corvette with 38K miles, and watch other owners try to rip it apart!

wish i could be there!
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Please post where the event is going to be. My 76 loves roadtrips!
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                Please post where the event is going to be. My 76 loves roadtrips!

It's going to be at the plant. The address is on the flyer.

Linesville PA.
                John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Working...
                X