2 49 studebaker trucks in stockton p&p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 49 studebaker trucks in stockton p&p

I just got a phone call from a mopar friend that 2 studebaker trucks are in the main pick & pull yard in Stockton Ca. He said they look to be farly complete short beds. There listed as 1948. Thats all I know

dang! why can't I find some P&P studebaker trucks in Tennessee....
    Found a few cars tho...

Comment

Will to bet those cars not as solid as those trucks. I flew out to Stockton and bought my Hawk. No rust anywhere except under the trunk seal. Love those Califronia cars
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by RareBird View Post
        Will to bet those cars not as solid as those trucks. I flew out to Stockton and bought my Hawk. No rust anywhere except under the trunk seal. Love those Califronia cars
        Wish that had been true for Rusty Hawk. He came from southern california and had spent his entire life there, but he arrived with a bad case of cancer. The operation is going to be long and difficult to restore him to full health.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
          Wish that had been true for Rusty Hawk. He came from southern california and had spent his entire life there, but he arrived with a bad case of cancer. The operation is going to be long and difficult to restore him to full health.
          Rusty Hawk musta spent too much time along the coast, in the salt air. A few miles inland woulda probably made a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Rusty Hawk musta spent too much time along the coast, in the salt air. A few miles inland woulda probably made a big difference.
            Yes indeed!!! Two of my three '57s and my '58 Packard were from inland California. Very very good bodies, those have. The '57 that wasn't, not so much...
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Lou VanAnne where are you?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Now with PHOTOS!!!

NOW WITH PHOTOS!OK - I took the bait on this thread. Today I made the 340-mile round trip to Stockton and back - on the hopes I'd score a good rear fender or two. While all the sheet metal was there on these two - for the most part it had been severely mistreated.
                Both are 2R5s and one appears to be a really early one. Seat cushions were still there but shredded. Both had their 170cu.in drivetrains intact (one a 4-speed , the other a 3spdOD) with axles, driveshafts and brakes still all there.
                I took precious little that I thought might offset the cost of my trip. I got four decent outer door handles, and a couple other miscellaneous bits. Also claimed the only wheel between the two ot them, and only because it was a 16" Photos to follow....
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Roscomacaw; 05-23-2012, 08:40 AM. Reason: added photos
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                  Lou VanAnne where are you?
                  Where am I?...in Stockton, dodging drive by shootings and gang wars.
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Two more photos of the Stockton 2R5s. Notice the optional "Lever-Vent" in the seat bottom cushion.
                    Attached Files
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bump....... No comments regarding the photos I've added???

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                        Bump....... No comments regarding the photos I've added???
                        Maybe not from your area, but from the rust belt, both of those tailgates and some fenders are worth saving. I would rather straighten dents than fill rust holes.

EDIT: Also the bumpers, front and rear.
                        Last edited by studegary; 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Agree with Gary. All rust-free sheet metal is hard to find in the East. Also worth saving are door lock mechanisms and window regulators if usable. Depends on how much time you can invest in saving stuff that'll never make you rich, but might help out somebody else. That said, since you probably don't need any of it, isn't there someone closer who might be able to get a bit more?
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

Man those are rough. Thanks for checking and posting the Bob.
                            Bob, what do you want for 2 of those ouside door handles?
                            Migh add those to my pick up list that I hope to be able to do next week, this week has gotten away from me.

Comment

The beds were pretty solid - tailgates too - although since the gates have been repro'd, I don't think about them too much. Cab corners were rotted and one had alot of rot in the floors too.The front bumpers and grilles were worth saving, but my time was limited, it was hot and I have stuff layin' around my place that I can't give away. $45 for whjichever pair you want, Kelly. I did have to pay to save them.
                              At least one of the trucks was owned by someone who knew/knows of the current availability ofr parts for Studes. I say that because there were a pair of new HL bucket gaskets and a repro lower radiator hose too. Still with newish part # tags affixed to them.

There were a number of smaller items I'd save if time and money allowed. Someone had tried to pop out one of that dash face openings like you wanted, and I tried to finish the job. But with the tools I had, I was only gonna mangle it if I followed thru - so I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X