I am just throwing this out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am just throwing this out there...

I am working on getting the other 40 commander up from Sam. And I was wondering... any members coming north from NE Georgia toward the NW PA area any time soon? Possibly even Ohio or Western NY too... I need to work out transportation for the second car I bought. I would, of course, be willing to pay.

Any advice on carriers and such would be much appreciated too.

Dan

Dan where at in NW pa I'm in Meadville & Grove City.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

John, why, you are just down the road from me. I live in Cambridge Springs. We definitely need to hook up... I have yet to meet any "local" members. Are you with the Pittsburgh chapter or the Kinzu chapter? We don't have one in our general vacinity.

Now, I have actually seen some nice Studes in Erie and Waterford though... a nice brown/tan 50 in Erie and a very nice yellow truck (not sure of the year).
      Last edited by new2drive; 05-17-2012, 07:38 AM. Reason: bad typing and lack of proof reading...

Comment

Dan – I might be able to help. I sent you a PM.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by new2drive View Post
          John, why, you are just down the road from me. I live in Cambridge Springs. We definitely need to hook up... I have yet to meet any "local" members. Are you with the Pittsburgh chapter or the Kinzu chapter? We don't have one in our general vacinity.

Now, I have actually seen some nice Studes in Erie and Waterford though... a nice brown/tan 50 in Erie and a very nice yellow truck (not sure of the year).
          Dan I went to school in Cambridge springs 90&91 graduated from conneuate lake in 92

I do not belong to either chapter but Plan on joining maybe I live closer to kinzu members but my work is closer to Pittsburgh members. Maybe I'll join both .
          John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

@ John, Either way, we should get together sometime! When my 40 gets going, I'll be headed down your way to visit some friends. you should know my in-laws... Rob & Eric Shaffer and my wife RaeAnn. They were in CSHS at that time. My father-in-law ownes the old Stude dealership/now parts store there.

@ Bob, Got it and responded. Thus could be mutually benificial. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Hey Dan could you send me a PM with your phone number. I use my iPhone and have a hard time creating messages for some reason. I can reply to them but not make them.

Well have to get together this summer.
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Ok, bumping this up.... I am still in need of getting the last 40 commander up form Georgia to Western PA. If anyone thinks this is doable or find themselves traveling close with an empty carrier and can manage it, I will try to arrange it, please feel free to let me know.

Of course, I can pay... would have to pay. I am very tight for funds currently, but would be willing to work something out. Sam is in need of the space and I am having trouble getting a local hauler to bring it up in an empty bay.

I also have that 49 commander with the high speed rear end I want to get rid of... so someone interested from down that way could net themselves a car for parts, chrome/whatever if they were to bring up the other 40. I need to get rid of the 49... There is a lot of worth left in the 49, especially in the hood ornament.. it is original and in really good condition and has all of it's enamel in tact.

For lack of better words... I am a little desperate. Sam needs his space, and I need to make space for the other 40. If anyone is interedsted or even just can haul the car up for cash, please let me know. I can try to even schedule a meeting somewhere.

Comment

Just another bump... I am looking for someone who might be headed north with an empty trailer from around the GA area to the PA area. I would like to and need to get a car moved up north before this seasons end.

Comment

Working...
                  X