turner brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: turner brakes

i have a 1959 lark wagon i put a disc brake system i bought from turner brakes im having trouble with the master cyl the front brakes are locking up has anyone had this problem ive tried to contact turner i talk to the wife never calls back i would like to get this fixed so i can drive the wagon

Did you remove the check valve in the master cylinder, or drill a hole through it? If not this will result in the problem you are having.

"Read this section on non-Avanti installation"

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Jim will call back, Robert. 'Give him time to get home and have a bite to eat. He's a very responsible vendor.

(I hope you left your phone number!) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

turner called me back the valve he talks about in the derection is the original master cyl in the avanti could be the master cyl

Comment

Not sure of your question? Avantis and other factory disk brake Studes do not have a residual pressure valve in the master cylinder. Your original master cylinder has this valve and it must be either removed or "defeated" by drilling a hole through it or it will lock up the front brakes.
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Jim is the "Man" when it comes to Stude brakes, Also very reliable.
            I got the best of customer service from him always.

Dean.
            Originally posted by cutitup View Post
            i have a 1959 lark wagon i put a disc brake system i bought from turner brakes im having trouble with the master cyl the front brakes are locking up has anyone had this problem ive tried to contact turner i talk to the wife never calls back i would like to get this fixed so i can drive the wagon

Comment

We spoke last night, before I saw this post.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
              X