PDA

View Full Version : Ohio & Pa Dealer Info

bonehead007
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm trying to trace both my Studebaker & Packard's "roots".. The Avanti was purchased in Dec, 1962 at D & S Motors Inc, 125 W North Street , Springfield Ohio.. The Packard in Nov 1958 at Camplese Motors in Camp Hill Pa.. If anyone has any info, invoices, photos, etc..I'd appreciate it. Thank you...

Rerun
07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Might that be "Paul Camplese & Son" located in Penbrook PA?

That is where my '64 Daytona was delivered. We visited there in the Spring of 2004 and found that most of the dealership was still intact, with some Studebaker parts, and a few cars and trucks still there. The office still had a picture of Mr. Camplese, dealership service awards, and a large picture of the South Bend plant on the wall. The old showroom was occupied by a used furniture store belonging to a grandson of Mr. Camplese. He apparently has zero interest in the Studebaker stuff, but wasn't interested in selling any of it. Unfortunately, the roof of the building was bad, and I would expect that many things of value will be ruined. Perhaps someone from the area can give us an update.

There is a drawing of the Camplese dealership on the cover of the June 2004 Keystone Keynotes newsletter. If this is, in fact, the dealership that you are looking for, let me know and I can scan some of the pictures that I took.

Jim Bradley
'64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
http://home.earthlink.net/~bradley71771/images/Rerun.jpg

Rerun
07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Might that be "Paul Camplese & Son" located in Penbrook PA?

That is where my '64 Daytona was delivered. We visited there in the Spring of 2004 and found that most of the dealership was still intact, with some Studebaker parts, and a few cars and trucks still there. The office still had a picture of Mr. Camplese, dealership service awards, and a large picture of the South Bend plant on the wall. The old showroom was occupied by a used furniture store belonging to a grandson of Mr. Camplese. He apparently has zero interest in the Studebaker stuff, but wasn't interested in selling any of it. Unfortunately, the roof of the building was bad, and I would expect that many things of value will be ruined. Perhaps someone from the area can give us an update.

There is a drawing of the Camplese dealership on the cover of the June 2004 Keystone Keynotes newsletter. If this is, in fact, the dealership that you are looking for, let me know and I can scan some of the pictures that I took.

Jim Bradley
'64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
http://home.earthlink.net/~bradley71771/images/Rerun.jpg

bonehead007
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Thats probably it. The prev owner had written on an email it was purchased from Camplese in Cam Hill. Thats probably it. Thanks for the info.

bonehead007
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Thats probably it. The prev owner had written on an email it was purchased from Camplese in Cam Hill. Thats probably it. Thanks for the info.

avantilover
07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Can't understand people who have stuff they don't have any interest in, but won't sell. Keep an eye out as it may be for sale later especially if the building has to be renovated due to the roof.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

avantilover
07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Can't understand people who have stuff they don't have any interest in, but won't sell. Keep an eye out as it may be for sale later especially if the building has to be renovated due to the roof.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

bonehead007
07-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Found where the town is, ear Harrisburg. I'm going to Hershey in August and going to swing by & see if I can get some info and photos.

bonehead007
07-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Found where the town is, ear Harrisburg. I'm going to Hershey in August and going to swing by & see if I can get some info and photos.

mainecoonnick
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm trying to trace both my Studebaker & Packard's "roots".. The Avanti was purchased in Dec, 1962 at D & S Motors Inc, 125 W North Street , Springfield Ohio.. The Packard in Nov 1958 at Camplese Motors in Camp Hill Pa.. If anyone has any info, invoices, photos, etc..I'd appreciate it. Thank you...

Hello. I know that I am replying a bit late in regards to your search, but I felt compelled as I read the response that you had received. It is true that the Studebaker dealership that you were seeking was located in Penbrook, PA. The "grandson" that was referred to is very much still interested in Studebakers, in fact, he owns quite a few himself. As for the building, it is being renovated. It is his dream to bring the building back to its roots. A new roof has been installed and as for all the original artifacts, well they are still there too. The same grandson has been seeking any lost items that have been affiliated with the dealership to purchase. Many people have even come into the shop with merchandise and stories to share. The large picture of South Bend was one of his finds. Please take note that his father passed away when he was 14. He had no control over what was happening to the building, that is, until his mother passed away. As you can see I am very familiar with the grandson, and I can personally vouch for his love of the past, especially Studebakers!

As human beings, we need to remember that all we see is not always what it appears.
Peace.