Studebakers and Chasing Classic Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers and Chasing Classic Cars

I was watching Chasing Classic Cars and Wayne went into a building in Chicago where a lot of cars were for sale. The man must have been a Studebaker collector ,because their were Studebakers everywhere including setting outside. Did anyone else see the show or know where this bunch of cars are?
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

As you said, in Chicago. Was that the Hartung Collection?
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
      As you said, in Chicago. Was that the Hartung Collection?
      No, it was in the episode about the Hartung collection. Wayne went to another unnamed place while there (a private collection...he did speak to the caretaker who spoke with the owner about buying a non-Stude) ..and there were plenty of Studes there.

BTW: Wayne is a bad influence. After watching the show, now my dog is chasing classic cars.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I saw the program and it was my understanding that the collector was mostly into Jaguars (which was what Wayne was looking for) and Studebakers was a sideline collection. Since Wayne was concentrated on Jags they didn't show much of the Stude collection but I saw what appeared to be a restored 56 Golden Hawk but it was such a fleeting glimpse I couldn't be sure. Apparently there was several restored Studebakers in the building and some outside. Still don't know where it was exactly.

Comment

I watch that show occasionally. Sometimes I wonder if Wayne's show is about the cars or about Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            I watch that show occasionally. Sometimes I wonder if Wayne's show is about the cars or about Wayne
            You have gotto give Wayne credit...on more than one episode he misses the mark on a cars value by setting reserves too high. In a business where reputation is important, he doesn't mind be shown as wrong.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
            X