No announcement yet.

Membership Renewal Papers not received.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Renewal Papers not received.

Is there a problem with Mark Wheeler and his organization???

I noticed last month that my membership expired in April and, as I had not received the annual renewal papers, I renewed online and grabbed a roster CD.
    The package arrived today without the membership card that is usually sent.

Just seems strange that the SDC isn't (at least in my case) notifying members that it's time to renew and the new card should/could have been sent with the roster, now 2 envelopes and postage will be required - sure hope this isn't a regular occurence - the SDC will cop a fortune in unnecesary postage.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Have you contacted Mark? You can PM him right here on the Forum - his handle is wheelsm .

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
      Just seems strange that the SDC isn't (at least in my case) notifying members that it's time to renew and the new card should/could have been sent with the roster, now 2 envelopes and postage will be required - sure hope this isn't a regular occurence - the SDC will cop a fortune in unnecesary postage.
      Mine is due for renewal in June and I have already received a renewal request and renewed. No problem with notification.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

The same thing happened to me. I was mortified that I let my membership lapse. What's the saying, "Life happens! " How about a reminder email that doesn't cost anything to send out?
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

My renewals always come 1 or 2 months ahead.....my biggest gripe, I guess, is how long it takes Cornerstone to cash the check. This last time, 1.5 months later. It's always something about reconciling the books.....I'll probably move into the 21st century, this next time around, and do it on line.....

Cheers
          Last edited by glen; 05-11-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Hint maybe ?

Kidding of course !

Dean.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Renewal reminders are mailed out approximately six weeks prior to a membership expiration date. Dick, your membership was due to expire in April 2012. Your renewal reminder letter was mailed out via First Class (International) mail on February 16, 2012. What happened to it after it left our office is anyone's guess.
              If a membership is not renewed, we send out a second renewal reminder letter (an expiration notice) two weeks after the membership has expired.

As for checks taking a long time to clear ones bank, you need to understand the process we go through here at Cornerstone. We receive on average 100 pieces of mail a day. (Remember, the SDC is not the only club we manage.) At certain points during the year, we sometimes get in excess of 400 pieces of mail a day. A check may not be posted in our system on the exact day we receive it. However, it WILL be posted within two weeks of receipt. (Now, before someone yells "TWO WEEKS!" That is in EXTREME cases.) Now, once we receive a check, we don't rush out to the bank and deposit it that day. We perform a reconciliation process twice a month - once on the 15th, and another on the last day of the month. This reconciliation process is done to protect the SDC's interests. (Anyone remember the OLD SDC Membership Secretary and the money he skimmed?) We ensure that EVERY check is accounted for and matches up with a membership application/renewal and/or product. Once that reconciliation is done and ONLY when it matches up, are the checks endorsed and deposited.

So, how can it take three to four weeks for us to deposit a check? Here's an example: Suppose someone mails in a check on March 26th, 2012. (The clock starts ticking in the member's mind because the letter has been mailed - even though we haven't received it yet.) We may receive the letter on March 29th or 30th. (It can take even longer during tax season and holidays.) The letter gets put into our data-entry "to process" bin on that day. The data-entry person may start working on this batch somewhere between 1-4 days later, depending on their load. So, by this time, "the clock" already has 1 week on it.

Now, in accordance with SDC Board of Director guidelines given to Cornerstone, we are to mail out a membership card within two weeks OF RECEIPT of the membership application/renewal (not two weeks when it was mailed). In this example, the membership card would be mailed out on April 5th. (We print and mail membership cards every Thursday.) "The clock" at this point has almost two weeks on it in the mind of the member. However, only ONE WEEK has passed since we've RECEIVED the letter.

On April 15th, the checks we received would be reconciled. 99% of the time, the checks reconcile the first time without a hitch. So, they are endorsed and prepared for deposit. This usually takes place the next day after the reconciliation is completed - that being the 16th in this example. The member's bank statement may not show the check clearing the bank until three days later. So, it may show up on the member's bank statement on April 19th.

To summarize this example, a member mails in a check on March 26th, but doesn't see it clear his bank until April 19th. Almost four weeks have passed on the clock in the member's mind

I hope this example give some clarity on how the process works.
              - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
              SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Comment

Reading all that I'm glad I do it on line with my credit card ....it has always worked and it doesn't take 2 weeks to get there either <g>
                Saying that I have never had a problem and if an email is sent to Mark he always gets right back to you .......good job Cornerstone !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I have no idea who "Dick" is my name is John.
                  John Clements

Comment

Another hint maybe ?

Just kidding of course but this is getting better.

Dean.

Ps. I might get in trouble for this but ooh my gosh I just couldn't resist.

Sorry John.
                    Last edited by dean pearson; 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM. Reason: Add ps and apologise in advance hehe.

Comment

Yes, Mark may have thought me a "Dick." LOL .I found the justification of "(Remember, the SDC is not the only club we manage.)"an admission they have too much work to handle expeditiously (Quickly). The membership card is of no value here in Australia but if it arrives it will be nice. I think Mark owes SDC an apology for the double postage - it could/should have been included in the padded bag the CD arrived in, surely nothing a competent business can't do - put the order in a "pending" box and post once cards are printed.

No apology necessary Dean, we here in Australia are used to being stirred up and as we say "Having the piss taken out of us." All good fun.

Somewhat of a cultural thing - the classic case of two Aussies meeting after a long time saying "How're you going you old Bastard" and laughing as it's a friendly rejoiner, it's commonly said that Americans would pull their guns and want to shoot thinking it an insult.
                      Last edited by avantilover; 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM.
                      John Clements

Comment

While Mark explains their system very well, if everything is perfect! I still have issues! When receiving a check at the very beginning of the month, the 3rd, for an example, I shouldn't have to be waiting until the 15th of the following month, to see the check clear my bank, which is normally 1 or 2 days after deposit, if they operate under the method, Mark has explained. In questioning Mark, this last time around, in the mid part of the following month, he had indicated they were still trying to reconcile the entire previous month and couldn't make any deposits, until they did! So I guess it wasn't a perfect month....I'm one who'll pay the USPS a bit more, for Priority Mail service and then add delivery confirmation, so I have record of its being received. Another year, it was vacation time and no one had gone to the bank. While I know that we are not the only club they service, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to escape what is going on. Perhaps a new business plan or model, is in order? How about the other clubs? Any issues there? Guess we wouldn't know that!

John, we here in the "Zone" get riled over just about anything, that just doesn't set right and then draw our Smith and Wesson's to even everything up!
                        Last edited by glen; 05-11-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks John and I hope in the end it all works out for you.
                          I'm sure it will.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                            I have no idea who "Dick" is my name is John.
                            John, I am so sorry. I have a good friend here in the States who is a member of the SDC. His name is Dick Clemens. Being that both your last names are similar, his name was stuck in my head when I wrote my reply. I meant no disrespect.
                            - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
                            SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Comment

Hi John: I consider it an honor to be linked to one of our Aussie mates.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Working...
                              X