Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the BEST chrome or metal polish ? and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is the BEST chrome or metal polish ? and why?

I was at a swap meet last weekend , and as usual I did try a new product called Chorme It, has anyone used this product?? I have the best results with Wenol as a general metal polish, for chorme, stainelss ect.
    Last edited by G T Joe; 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM.
    Joseph Kastellec

Looks like pretty good stuff...

Chrome Cleaning and Polishing for Cars, Trucks, Boats, Trailers, RV's, and More.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Using Wenol or Simichrome is a good way to go. As a Wenol user, you probably already know it comes in two different flavors. One for chrome or stainless and another for aluminum. Buy the right one.
      Simichrome is harder to find and more expensive (but not any better) than Wenol.

Beware of anything that has an abrasive in it such as "Brasso", aluminum foil, or toothpaste -- or acid based ideas such as Coca Cola, vinegar, whatever

People will sell you anything you plunk down the money for -- even saliva from the rare Gulf of Mexico blue catfish. IF something new is still on the market a year from now you might try the small size. Better yet -- try to get a friend to try it on his car.

This doesn't mean that there isn't something new that I haven't tried in the last couple of years. (I found a way to avoid manual labor.) You may find something new and good here on the forum and I will try it.

Don't use ANY kind of cleaner on the anodized aluminum such as that found on the sides of a 66 Stude.
      Last edited by Lark Parker; 05-10-2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: Added info.
      sigpic
      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Warning... Shameless Plug' I would have to say that International Aero makes the best metal polish on the planet. Send me your address and I'll mail you a sample.

You can also visit www.internationalaero.com / click on the products link and check out the 'tips and tricks' feature. towards the bottom there is a video of 'Polish'

Last edited by 4hawks; 05-10-2012, 06:13 PM. Reason: change photo
        sigpic1959 4E2D 498 Studebaker Scotsman 4X4

http://www.napco4x4.org/gallery/m80-...-protype1.html

Comment

Batmobile

Took this picture at the Edelbrock Rev'ved up for kids charity event... I am not really sure but, it sure looks like maybe they borrowed from the '53, '54 stude when designing the front of the Batmobile.

[IMG][/IMG]
          sigpic1959 4E2D 498 Studebaker Scotsman 4X4

http://www.napco4x4.org/gallery/m80-...-protype1.html

Comment

I need a polish that will remove fine polishing marks on brass.
            Any suggestions?

I've used Wendol...the blue flavor seemsed too mild, the red was a bit more aggeressive.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I've always used good old 'Dupont #7' on the chrome bits before a show.....works great!

Comment

Working...
              X