Studebaker rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker rubber

I am in need of almost all the rubber weatherstripping for my car. I looked at the price and almost fell over. I have been scowering the web for universal stripping that will work and I have not found anything. Is there any that will work. I have a 50 champion 4dr. Thanks for any info. I did find a past banter about who sells rubber now, SI and Fennessee or just SI.

Studebaker International offers a discount for packages and quantity check out their 2012 catalog you can download it from their web site. We are luckey to be able to purchase new parts for our 50 year old + car and trucks. Parts for many brand X car and trucks are higher or not available at all. I myself would rather spend a bit more money upfront and have the correct fitting part for my car, please don't cut corners and do the job right the first time and you will be happier with your finished product.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by rubber weatherstripping. Window runs and felts, yes, universal works. Actual molded rubber parts, no. You'll need to buy the actual stuff.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Rubber? That's one of the cheapest parts of redoing an old car!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Before you fall over, check out the pricing on parts for cars that are not Studebakers and consider yourself fortunate.
          Even harsher, the price of all that Studebaker rubber probably approaches the price of one left headlight for a Tiburon.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Might as well see what the source prices the rubber you need: Bill Fennessey= (615)662-5013. This is where SI and other get their rubber. He has cut me a deal on several rubber items I have needed over the years.
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

His niece Valerie Hansen owns the Rubber Business now....
              They're pretty good to do business with. My 2R5 has the whole kit...

Comment

Just called them myself as I need vent rubber for the front and back vent windows on my 40. Mrs KC is correct, Valerie Hansen runs the business now, the number is: 615.356.7510
                Last edited by new2drive; 05-18-2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: Horrible typing... as usual and lack of proof reading...

Comment

Working...
                X