PDA

View Full Version : Frank Morgan aluminum head and intake

ranmor
09-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Trying to find information on a Frank Morgan finned aluminum head and two carb intake for a Studebaker. Frank Morgan, Marysville, CA is the manfacturer. Anybody ever seen one or have any info. Thanks.

Dwain G.
09-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Frank Morgan Co. was in business from about 1950 to maybe the late '50s. He specialized in Champion 6 speed equipment, although some of his ads said he had V8 stuff too. A four page hop-up article on an engine using his equipment appeared in Sept. '55 Rod and Custom Magazine. That article plus a several-page Frank Morgan brochure is reprinted in a booklet called "The Studebaker 6 Cylinder Book".

http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/9GQ2.jpg
Dwain G.

CHAMP
09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Bill Cathcart is the six cyl. man. He has the duel carb and Finned alum. head in stock. He also had a nice article in T/W mag. this month.:)

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

JRoberts
09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
I have seen a Morgan 4x2 intake on a 259 that was in a really cool street rod I saw at the Bonneville Salt flats a few years ago. He had put 4 of the side draft (laid over)Stromberg carbs on it each with a chrome air filter. It may have been over carburated, but it really looked good.
Joe Roberts

55Commander
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Are you sure the 4 X 2 wasn't Tom Branch's 32 ford, he runs a Sharp
log manifold with the Stromberg WW Backdrafts.

JRoberts
09-15-2006, 05:11 PM
"Are you sure the 4 X 2 wasn't Tom Branch's 32 ford, he runs a Sharp
log manifold with the Stromberg WW Backdrafts"

It may have been, but I could have sworn I was told it was a Morgan manifold, but I have been wrong before. I do know it looks cool!
Joe Roberts

rayoung55
09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
I have a Morgan 2 carb intake for the 6 cylinder. It was supposed to have 2 one barrel carbs. It has adapters and has a pair of Stromberg 97's on it. I got a finned Weiland aluminum head at the same time, along with a header. The parts had been on a Sprint car at one time. We've had the parts for years and have never had them on anything, and don't know if we ever will.

Rob

LYYXLBL
07-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Trying to find information on a Frank Morgan finned aluminum head and two carb intake for a Studebaker. Frank Morgan, Marysville, CA is the manfacturer. Anybody ever seen one or have any info. Thanks.

I knew him in the '50's & had his head & manifold on my Champion --- very good -- I can send you a pic
Chuck

DEEPNHOCK
07-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Chuck,
The last post to this thread was almost nine years ago.
The Morgan heads and intakes were nicely made.