Looking for a 53 commander hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 53 commander hardtop

Getting well along in years (73) need a 53 hardtop before I go. Anyone know of one? Have some bodywork skills, zero mechanical.

Originally posted by 16tonso9 View Post
    Getting well along in years (73) need a 53 hardtop before I go. Anyone know of one? Have some bodywork skills, zero mechanical.
    Welcome and good luck to you. You certainly have good taste. Advice from a contemporary, buy the best car that you can find. That way you can start to enjoy it rather than look for parts and doing restoration. There will still be some of that with most any car. I have owned a few 1953s in the more than 50 Studebakers that I have owned.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Head to the St. Joseph Fairgrounds in South Bend. This week-end is the regular SDC swap meet. Last week end in July is the big International Meet. The people you will meet will guide you well. Like the Tennessee Ernie Ford reference in your name
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Hi, I have a compleate one with V8-auto in AZ.. Has not run in 10 years, motor free, 2000. obo Walter B. 623-698-3001

Comment

Sound like this would be worth looking into. I went to California for my car. Well worth the time and effort. Living in the rustbelt Studes dont fair so well. The money you pay upfront you'll save in body work!
          Originally posted by Walter B. View Post
          Hi, I have a compleate one with V8-auto in AZ.. Has not run in 10 years, motor free, 2000. obo Walter B. 623-698-3001
          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
          J.D.

Comment

I Agree with J.D.
            Don't buy rust! Pay more up front and you will win big time at the other end.
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

To: 16tonso9,----- Sounds like You want a vehicle You can get out there and drive, so You may want to consider buying a '54 model as they are a bit 'more car'. Also, buying one that has the original automatic
              transmission is always a crap shoot, ($$), if the car you find isn't in running condition and can't be driven before purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                To: 16tonso9,----- Sounds like You want a vehicle You can get out there and drive, so You may want to consider buying a '54 model as they are a bit 'more car'. Also, buying one that has the original automatic
                transmission is always a crap shoot, ($$), if the car you find isn't in running condition and can't be driven before purchasing.
                If you are interested in an outstanding, frame off, 54 Commander hardtop see your "private " messages. I'm reluctantly, going to sell off some of my cars.

Comment

Working...
                X