Custom made car cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom made car cover

I want to purchase a custom made/custom fit car cover for our '51 Starlight Coupe. There appears to be hundreds of companies selling "one size fits all" covers and several that advertise custom made covers. If you have purchased a custom made cover for your Stude, please post if you were satisified with the product and from whom you purchased it. I appreciate your time and help!

Thanx,
    Charlie Attaway
    Oxford, GA

I bought one for my '57 Corvette and one for my '26 Dictator Coach from Beverly Hills Car Cover. Fit could not have been better.

Comment

I bought one for my Golden Hawk and it was perfect...I can't remember the company but Beverly Hills sounds familiar...mine was custom for my 56J...

Looked it up--Niche Importing Group, LLC $57.94...indoor/outdoor, waterproof & breathable...fit is perfect...
      Last edited by Marie Mac; 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I got mine from California Car Cover Company. Special order and $350. They have cheaper covers but I like their top end cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          I got mine from California Car Cover Company. Special order and $350. They have cheaper covers but I like their top end cover.
          +1 for California Car Covers. The one I got for my 53 fits well and has lasted well. I am about to order one of their new models that is more compact. Takes up less space when travelling.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

A California cover came with my Avanti. It's the higher end one and it fits Great. It's as nice a cover as youll find for the $$$
            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Originally posted by cvytrk View Post
              I want to purchase a custom made/custom fit car cover for our '51 Starlight Coupe. There appears to be hundreds of companies selling "one size fits all" covers and several that advertise custom made covers. If you have purchased a custom made cover for your Stude, please post if you were satisified with the product and from whom you purchased it. I appreciate your time and help!

Thanx,
              Charlie Attaway
              Oxford, GA
              Hey, I was just thinking of posting something like this, as I was wondering where to get a great fitting cover. The stuff in the stores (ie "medium to large", one size, etc.) just don't cut it with older cars. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

I purchased a custom made Calif. car cover http://www.calcarcover.com for my '63 crusier. I chose the Plushweave because I was storing it inside and the innerside of the cover was a flannel lining which I want for the new paint job on it. I checked their web site and they have a pattern for your '51 starlight coupe.
                Mikie

Comment

Just bought my third cover from :

great fit, good quality and price is less than a lot of others.
                  Last edited by Dan White; 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: corrected web address
                  Dan White
                  64 R1 GT
                  64 R2 GT
                  58 C Cab
                  57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I can also recommend North Coast Tarpaulin Works here in San Diego. Great company, great products, no website 619-275-7100 is the number.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my post concerning coustm fit covers. I will contact the companies that you have mentioned and order a cover for our newly painted Starlight.

Thanx,
                      Charlie Attaway
                      Oxford, GA

Comment

Car cover?
                        Isn't that just those annoying things that clog up ebay when you punch in "studebaker parts"?
                        I don't think my Stude sits long enough in any one spot to need to be covered. Not bragging, just saying I enjoy driving it too much.

Comment

When I'm ready for one I made a promise to myself that there's no way in this world that I would buy one from any of those clowns on EBAY
                          Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                          Car cover?
                          Isn't that just those annoying things that clog up ebay when you punch in "studebaker parts"?
                          I don't think my Stude sits long enough in any one spot to need to be covered. Not bragging, just saying I enjoy driving it too much.
                          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                          J.D.

Comment

Many years (decades) ago I bought a cover for my '53 Coupe from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. Incredible fit.
                            BHMA was sold and the new owner drove it in to the ground.
                            One of the original guys resurrected and operates as California Car Cover Company.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Quality car covers are a good idea, but how does one get around the 'fixed antenna' problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X