door skins for 54 C/K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: door skins for 54 C/K

I'm in the process of having a 54 Starlight coupe rebuilt. The passenger side door is toast. My guy says he can repair it but it would be a lot faster and simpler to replace the door skin. The left side door wasn't as bad and he repaired it and it came out great. The right side is ten times worse. I checked with Studebaker International and Classic Enterprises and neither had the doors. Anybody have a good, rust free right door for sale? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tom

Would a 6 inch repair panel work? or is the shell rusted that bad? Classic Enterprises makes them

Last edited by (S); 04-30-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

How about this?

RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks for the info. The problem with my door is that it looks like it was hit and repaired with a solid chunk of bondo. The bottom of the door is rusted out just like the one on ebay. The metal is so stretched it's going to take a lot of work to straighten it out. The 6in patch panel doesn't help as the major damage is in the center of the door. My body man can fab what patch panels are needed to replace the rusted out areas and can straighten the door skin. It's just going to take time which translates into money!! The ebay door would probably have to be shipped on a pallet so by the time I pay for the door plus packaging and shipping to Oklahoma it won't be that much more. I'll keep ya posted!!
        Tom

Comment

You're a little far from South Bend,but in years past I've seen very good doors there at the swap meet. [it's this weekend]
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Spoke with a gentleman this morning in Missouri who's going to South Bend and is going to see if he can't find a door for me. By the way 52hawk, love the tag(buy a smart car-----). That's funny and also quite true!!!

Comment

How 'bout a fiberglass skin?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Only problem with a fiberglass skin, it will not stick to metal!! That's why when you see a fiberglass body with a metal cage, the glass is wrapped around the metal and back on itself.

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                X