Question for JDP or anyone about TV’s and electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for JDP or anyone about TV’s and electronics

A friend is moving to a nursing home. He has advanced Parkinsons and some dementia. He will have a private room and while they supply the cable he supplies his TV. We looking for a new TV but more importantly a remote that he can operate. Most of what we see have so many buttons and options and the buttons are so small he simply cannot manage. He likely will not have a DVD attached and will not need all the extra controls and choices. Anyone know what is available and where to find it. We are also looking for a large button telephone if the places phone system will permit use of a personal phone. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    sigpic

I've seen oversize universal remotes available for as little as $5 in discount stores. They have very large buttons and are easy to read. If you can't find a telephone with large buttons do a web search but you should be able to find them at well stocked electronic stores. If nothing else, ask at the nursing home to recommend a place for such items...it can't be the first time it's been an issue for them.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I'm not too concerned about the phone. It should easy to find. But I have bought two of those discount store large button remotes and was never able to get them to work. I'm hoping someone knows of a quality one I can find.
      sigpic

Comment

Here's a pretty good one...

Remote

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

That does look good. The simplicity of it might be just perfect. Thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

I bought a low end TV from Walmart 4 or 5 years ago that was branded Orion. The remote was very simple like the one in Dicks post but shaped differently and with nice big buttons. on/off, volume and channel was all it had on the remote. I passed it along to a friend in a similar situation and it worked very well for him. Great TV for the money. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X