Dash panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash panel

I have decided to not run the old tube radio that was in my dash when I bought my '49 C-cab. Who ever installed it just butchered the dash to install it. It is not the correct '49 radio anyway and it does not work. I can not afford to get it fixed, and it looks pretty rough in the face.

They installed the radio on the wrong dash panel to boot. They put it in the left panel where a Climatizer would go if I ever install one. I also think it may interfere with the new 12V wiper system I am getting from Bob K. soon.

To fix the dash I will need a panel. So, does anyone have an early C-cab they are parting out that has a dash panel they could cut out and sell me?

I need it to be cut out a bit bigger than the panel itself because they un neccesarily cut into the flat portion of the dash.

If you have one let me know before cutting it out so we can make sure we are getting the correct piece and enough of the main part of the dash.

Thanks folks
    Kelly

PS: Just for my personal reference what years have my same dash?

Comment

All 2R-3R-E-2E trucks used the same basic dash board with the separate sections for heater and radio. That said, the parts book shows different part numbers for some of them, and I'm not sure what those differences might be. (Might be related to something very simple, like an extra hole for a throttle control or something.) Given the comparatively high production numbers of the 2R trucks, a 2R dash will be much easier to find and will be certain to be identical to yours.

The change to the flat dashboard was made with the 3E models.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I have a dash that I might be able to salvage for you... It is rather rotten so I will have to verify that it will work for you. I am in Iowa, but will be at South Bend next weekend.
        dulymiller@gmail.com

Comment

DM,
          I sent you an email about what it is I need. If you have it I could use it.

If anyone has a pic of an early dash so I can better describe what I need that might help, I can not find one on here.

Comment

Working...
          X