Check out ALL the cars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out ALL the cars....

...along the rows through which the Metropolitan is driving?

The place is later identified as The Automobile Driving Museum.

Note the gold Avanti and 1956 Packard 400 appearing at about 7:00 in the video as well. (May take some time to load.) BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 04-27-2012, 07:10 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

On the guys jacket it said Beach Cities California
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

It's a great place about a half mile from Los Angeles International airport. Every sunday they get three of the cars out and take people for rides. They have a lot of Packards and a number of Studebakers amoungst the rows of cars to check out. My daughter went for a ride in a Kaiser while we were there in March. They often take cars out to different shows in the area. Nice people there too.
      Rob

Comment

The San Diego Chapter did a field trip here a couple years back. Here are a few photos to whet your whistles Sorry, a couple are blurry, as I was using available light and handheld...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1672464Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1235.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1672465Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1236.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1672466Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1261.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1672467Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1284.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1672468

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The Driving Museum has an active group of Studebakers guys there. And as such they always bring three cars to the Peterson Show every March. I remember last year they brought a big Packard that had people riding in the back when they arrived. No big deal until I noticed the people were actually were maniquins dressed in 1930's clothes and hats.

Mark

Comment

Did you catch the vanity plate on Clark's photo of the '50?

They sold a lot of the yellow-on-blue vanity plates back in the day. Where have they all gone? You see so few today.

('Course I'm just as guilty. I have one that's not seen, since it's not on a vehicle.)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kurtruk; 04-27-2012, 09:08 AM.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X