Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Auto Flea Market in Amherst, N.H. 4/29

Any Studebaker activity there?

Not really,there are always a few odd things but no people that have a lot of Stude stuff.It's worth going for though,with all the old car people there they bring everything they want to get rid of.It used to be mostly old car stuff,but in the last 25 years there has been a big changeover to rod stuff.You never know,maybe 6-7 years ago there was a complete set of NOS glass for a Studebaker,a Model A guy I trade with had picked it up as part of a garage cleanout.You need to be in the field by 6 AM,if you are looking for deals on desireable parts you need to be there earlier.The place starts to empty out by 9 AM.I walked up to a Model A truck there a few years ago at 5:30.I was a half hour too late,it sold at 5:00.In the mid 70's I was looking for a hood for my 54 coupe.I wound up driving over 200 miles to get one,then I found one at Amherst for $5.It belonged to a Ford guy that just refused to throw it away.He just happened to drag it along to Amherst hoping to find a buyer.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it might be worth a look.

Comment

So,Did you make it to Amherst? I didn't go,the first is always packed,the prices are higher at the first one,and buyers are willing to pay after a long cold winter wait.A friend went,but he left too late.At 6 AM the traffic was backed up to the off ramp of the highway,a little over 3 miles.You need to be on the field by 6.I've been jammed up there in traffic at 5 before.I make 2 or 3 turns of the place,visit everybody I know,and usually leave by 8.8 AM for most of the Model A guys I deal with is nearly lunchtime.

Comment

I will have to make a later show. Thank you for the information. Nice '54 Land Cruiser in your signature!

Comment

Working...
          X