West London Packard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West London Packard

If you have seen these photos before I appologise. I live in Brentford West London, and the A4 runs pretty close to my house. In the 20's the A4 in Brentford was known as the "Golden Mile" with so many large firms based along it. Firestones had a factory, and opposite was the Packard factory.
    Below is a picture of the factory in 1929, and below that is my 41 Commander sitting on top of the steps which is the only trace of the factory that remains. Opposite is the Firestone factory. Pulled down by money grabbing developers 12 hours before a preservation order came in to force. (and yes someone at Hounslow council leaked it, no doubt for a little cash). A little history from London, England

Click image for larger version

Name:	4855613380_638847a4b1_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1735039

Name:	packhard steps.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1735038

Name:	1d1740e69b.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1735040

Beautiful PACKARD building. As elegant as the vehicles! Thanks for posting it!

Comment

Great pictures! Thanks from this side of the Pond.
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Those are great photo's thank you for sharing them!

Comment

Love your 41! To bad they continue pulling down great old buildings everywhere and replace them with big boxes. Economics dictates, I presume.
          John
          59 Silver Hawk
          3E12D-122-C4

Comment

Yes, very interesting photos. Thanks for the post. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X