Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Intro

Hello,
    I stumbled onto this site by accident the other day and decided to join. My father was the last supervisor at the Proving Grounds and my Uncle was the "in town" supervisor" of activities. I grew up in South Bend and of course I have owned a few Studebakers (1950 Starlight, 1951 two door sedan and a 1960 Lark VIII hardtop). Dad took us to the Proving Grounds on weekends for family activities and many other things. I have always said that I have more useless information about Studebakers than most other people. I have been in the center of the track "swamp", seen the 1954 factory convertible, and the Packard Predictor four door sedan, Lots of memories. Ask me and I will see what I can remember.
    Fred

Welcome to the SDC forum! Those must be some great memories. Do you currently own any Studebakers?

Comment

We love to hear "useless information" stories about anything Studebaker-related so we look forward to your contributions to the forum. Welcome!

Dave Bonn
      '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

The sharing of Studebaker related photographs is always encouraged!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Welcome!!! Nothing is 'useless information' when it comes to our beloved cars. Every little bit of history adds to our knowledge.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Come to the International Meet this Jul/Aug in South Bend. On Sat of the first week end in Aug, if you drive a Studebaker you will be able to go back out on the track at the Proving Grounds. If you don't currently have a Studebaker, there are many that would give you a ride, so you can get back out there.

Welcome!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by pointer42 View Post
              Hello,
              I stumbled onto this site by accident the other day and decided to join. My father was the last supervisor at the Proving Grounds and my Uncle was the "in town" supervisor" of activities. I grew up in South Bend and of course I have owned a few Studebakers (1950 Starlight, 1951 two door sedan and a 1960 Lark VIII hardtop). Dad took us to the Proving Grounds on weekends for family activities and many other things. I have always said that I have more useless information about Studebakers than most other people. I have been in the center of the track "swamp", seen the 1954 factory convertible, and the Packard Predictor four door sedan, Lots of memories. Ask me and I will see what I can remember. Fred
              What was your dads (and uncles) name?
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Welcome. Mark's idea is cool. I'll volunteer a Studebaker!
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

My father was Fred Hunt and my uncle was Arthur Hunt.

Comment

Fred,
                    You know everyone here will want to see you behind the wheel of a Studebaker. If you are not already a member,, can we induce you to join the SDC?
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome Pointer! It's always great to hear things especially from those who were "in the trenches" during Studebakers operating time. Recently there was uncovered the "Lamberti Papers" which told the meetings of department heads of the automotive division from January thru the begining of July of 1963. Anything you can contribute to our minds both from what your dad & uncle told you & what you observed first hand would be like a desert oasis to us! Again, welcome to the forum!
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Welcome Fred
                        This is a fun Forum to be on.
                        Stuff happens every day!
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Welcome!

It is always a good read to hear of 'old Studebaker ' stories from back in the day. Thank you, and keep 'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                          X