Starlight Studebaker seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight Studebaker seat covers

Just finished installing the seat covers(finally!) that I got from Will. They went on with ease. Just like they were made for it! They do look good,especially for an amature installation. Sorry, still can't do pictures.Maybe I can get Sabrina to post some later.

Thanks Will and Lori for saving all that stuff.
    Neil Thornton

Thats great news. I wish Will would get back to me. I spoke to him about a month ago on some pieces which he has, got a price and still waiting to hear back from him with the total amount including shipping charges.
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

I know what you mean. This being a side business for 2 busy people it takes them awhile to get everything togather. But if you are not in a hurry, they are great to deal with. I got a good product at a great price. and you couldn't ask for a better fit. I was a bit concerned about the age and shelf life of the material. but there was no problem. I just opened it up and set everything out in the sun for a few hrs before i started. I had to do a lot of repadding anyway so I let the sunshine do it's thing and warm it all up while I was tearing off the old covers and re working the padding.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Which car was this on?

Comment

I think of seat covers as those horrible plaid plastic nylon things they sold at Gibsons, Kreskes,JCwhittney,PepBoys..... From the padding up, factory style, I call it upholstery.

Symantics I guess.
          Last edited by bezhawk; 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

The green Lark. I had just recieved them in the mail at the last meeting. I thought I showed them to you.
            Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            Which car was this on?
            Neil Thornton

Comment

How much $$$$ did you have to bribe them to get 'em Neil?

Comment

That's good news to hear Neil. I am glad to hear that they are shipping out items. And I know that they both work and are very busy. And I am trying to be very patient.
                But when your only waiting on what the shipping charges are to pay for the items, I find it a bit of a test of my patience.
                Especially that the car I need the items for I plan to have running and driving this summer.
                George King
                Grants Pass, Oregon
                64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

I used the all vinyl "Taxi" style. Of which Will said he had an abundance. The price was very low in my opinion, but I don't feel good about publishing it here. Contact Will about price.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

I think price depends on availability and desirability, at least that's what Will told me once. 62 four door upholstery is probably priced lower than 62 convertible. Looking forward to seeing the new seats in the car, I'll be driving the 53 truck to the May meeting.

Comment

Point well taken Brad. I see where calling them seat covers tends to cheapen the product. From now on I'll say "Factory Correct Upholstery" That feels better already. Except the new padding came from WalMart.
                      Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      I think of seat covers as those horrible plaid plastic nylon things they sold at Gibsons, Kreskes,JCwhittney,PepBoys..... From the padding up, factory style, I call it upholstery.

Symantics I guess.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                      X