Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a 53-55 Coupe-Where'd you find yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 53-55 Coupe-Where'd you find yours?

New member here, recently I found pics of the 53-55 Studebaker coupes and fell in love with the looks. I've been scanning ebay, Collector Car Trader and Hemmings. I found a few, bid on one that ended last week, but didn't win.

There's a black project on ebay I'm looking at but wouldn't mind finding one in better shape or for that matter closer.

Anyone have one for sale or who can point me to some others?

Thanks,

Ron

Not many were made, and most have "bitten the dust" by now.

Are you looking for a Starlight (pillared coupe-C body) or Starliner (hardtop-K body)?

What's your budget?

Ed Ellis had a perfect original Starliner for sale at South Bend...$43k.

My '54 Starliner Streetrod is for sale for $45k

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Not many were made, and most have "bitten the dust" by now.

Are you looking for a Starlight (pillared coupe-C body) or Starliner (hardtop-K body)?

What's your budget?

Ed Ellis had a perfect original Starliner for sale at South Bend...$43k.

My '54 Starliner Streetrod is for sale for $45k

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Welcome aboard Ron,
        I can tell you this, that there is a 1953 Black Coupe that has
        been modified to some extent, that appears on ebay for $7400.00.
        Don't bid on that one, as it is a scam/fraud....the "real one"
        just sold at the end of May or 1st couple of days in June, for
        $74,000.00 (US) on Ebay.

Opps I see Dick got here first....Be guided by his knowledge
        and the others that are members on this forum that can
        steer you in the right direction...just be patient!

1964 Daytona
        glen Brose
        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Welcome aboard Ron,
          I can tell you this, that there is a 1953 Black Coupe that has
          been modified to some extent, that appears on ebay for $7400.00.
          Don't bid on that one, as it is a scam/fraud....the "real one"
          just sold at the end of May or 1st couple of days in June, for
          $74,000.00 (US) on Ebay.

Opps I see Dick got here first....Be guided by his knowledge
          and the others that are members on this forum that can
          steer you in the right direction...just be patient!

1964 Daytona
          glen Brose
          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Thanks guys, saw the $7400 miracle stude on ebay a couple of times, nearly emailed the guy to ask more questions, when I saw his other auctions that kind of ruined his credibility.

I can safely say I'm not looking for a show car, (nice as yours is Dick!) best case scenario would be no rust repair required, paint required is fine, wouldn't necessarily need a drivetrain as I'd replace it with a new or newer drivetrain. Rust repair doesn't scare me, but I've got quite a few projects now and would like a driver for once.

The $15K Stude at http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...5/88796245.htm would be tempting if it were a 3-5K cheaper and hadn't had the hood modified. I guess I could say that under $10K is really my preferred limit but it's not a hard limit.

As far as body style the pillerless (Starliner?) would be my preference but I like the profile of the coupe so I'd be happy with either. As far as preferred year 53-54 would be my fav, but I like the shark mouth of the 55 as well.

Ron

Comment

Thanks guys, saw the $7400 miracle stude on ebay a couple of times, nearly emailed the guy to ask more questions, when I saw his other auctions that kind of ruined his credibility.

I can safely say I'm not looking for a show car, (nice as yours is Dick!) best case scenario would be no rust repair required, paint required is fine, wouldn't necessarily need a drivetrain as I'd replace it with a new or newer drivetrain. Rust repair doesn't scare me, but I've got quite a few projects now and would like a driver for once.

The $15K Stude at http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...5/88796245.htm would be tempting if it were a 3-5K cheaper and hadn't had the hood modified. I guess I could say that under $10K is really my preferred limit but it's not a hard limit.

As far as body style the pillerless (Starliner?) would be my preference but I like the profile of the coupe so I'd be happy with either. As far as preferred year 53-54 would be my fav, but I like the shark mouth of the 55 as well.

Ron

Comment

quote:Originally posted by RonH

Make the guy an offer on that one. Could be yours . I bought a perfect '53 hood in South Bend for $300. The hood on that hot rod shouldn't be a show stopper.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by RonH

Make the guy an offer on that one. Could be yours . I bought a perfect '53 hood in South Bend for $300. The hood on that hot rod shouldn't be a show stopper.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

You're not going to find too many '53-55's that don't need rust repair. They came with rust from the factory. [)] If you do find a nice one, be prepared to put up some serious $$$.

Dick's black car is absolutely stunning. I saw it a few weeks ago at the South Bend meet, and you could have lunch on the frame rail. [^]
                    And ya know Dick, I never did get a chance to take you up on that ride offer. I guess you'll just have to hang onto the car until we meet again.

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

You're not going to find too many '53-55's that don't need rust repair. They came with rust from the factory. [)] If you do find a nice one, be prepared to put up some serious $$$.

Dick's black car is absolutely stunning. I saw it a few weeks ago at the South Bend meet, and you could have lunch on the frame rail. [^]
                      And ya know Dick, I never did get a chance to take you up on that ride offer. I guess you'll just have to hang onto the car until we meet again.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

You were so busy signing autographs, Matthew...I didn't want to disturb you [)]...

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

You were so busy signing autographs, Matthew...I didn't want to disturb you [)]...

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Matt,

Ask Sabrina who picked her out of the crowd and yelled at her from the passenger side of Dick's car on the tour of downtown South Bend.

Gary

Comment

Matt,

Ask Sabrina who picked her out of the crowd and yelled at her from the passenger side of Dick's car on the tour of downtown South Bend.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X