No announcement yet.

Hood river Oregon area Black President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood river Oregon area Black President?

Does anyone know if a member here has a mid 50's Studebaker President that is Black and beautiful?

I met a friends brother who lives in the Hood river area and he told me he ran into a guy in a Gorgeous Black President. He was not sure of the year, but I showed him a pic of a '56 and he said it looked like that...He is not a big car guy so he had no idea what year it was for sure and it could have been a number of years. He could not remember if it had single or dual headlights so I could not narrow it down any farther. But the car was so pretty that even though he is not a big car guy it had an impact on him and his wife.

I was just curious if it was anyone I might know from here.

1956 President 2 door sedan, black with white side trim, perhaps? If so, that is a well known car in the Northwest Chapter (Portland, OR area) The member does live in Hood River.

Comment

He did not say anything about white, but I would not doubt it. He said the owner lived in a REALLY nice housing tract in the Hood river area....so I would bet that is the one if the owner lives in a housing tract or community, not out in the country.

Any pics of this lovely car?

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
        Any pics of this lovely car?
        Are you kidding me? That car gets driven alot!!!
        And as rare as a '56 President 2 door are- it's always being photographed~

That pic is from the NorthWest Chapter's website, one of many...
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks for posting that Dave. That is a very pretty car. I see why my friend of a friend and his wife loved it when they saw it.

They were out in our door to door ministry up there in Hood River and came across it out in the yard. They talked to the owner and were just so impressed. I told them "I bet I can find that car on my Stude website...." Yep.

Very cool the wealth of info and knowledge on this site. Everyone has such a passion for Studes. So much more than any big 3 brands I think.

Comment

Before it went to Oregon, that car belonged to Joe Bacon's father in law for years. Joe is semi-active here on the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X