"Hello" to Leonard Shepherd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hello" to Leonard Shepherd

The issue with Kerry Dancy needing a rebuildable 6-122 Golden Hawk carburetor and my being able to supply one was a good reminder of the benefits of the SDC Forum, in that I'd likely not own my 1964 Daytona Convertible today if not for our forum and the friendship made thereon with Leonard Shephard Jr., the car's prior caretaker.

Story here for any newbies:

Leonard was a welcome and prolific poster/friend here on the forum for years before his untimely stroke a couple years ago that left him unable to communicate by writing and/or typing. As such, I'm pretty sure he's still viewing the forum, likely enjoying the banter and watching our ongoing internet Studebaker show.

Lenny, you are missed and I, for one, hope you're doing OK. Know you are fondly thought of, often.

(And a belated Happy Birthday, too, I see from Brad's post below!) BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 04-18-2012, 04:47 AM. Reason: birthday greeting
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Yes, Len, we do.
    And we missed your birthday this past Friday.

Brad
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I miss your posts too Leonard. Hope things are well with you. I especially liked following your experiences with the 52 2 door.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I miss Leonard's presence here. He added SO much to the forum in so many ways.

Here we are in down town South Bend 5 years ago at the IM after the parade...

The Ashes, me, Gary Hearn, Leonard
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick as you know the International meet is again in South Bend this July and I hope to see you there, be there or be square...Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Hey-ho Leonard! I DO think of you now and then. Sure hope you are looking in here. Best to you old friend.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I just noticed that Gary is the only one with his shoes on...and an empty glass. I think he was on the way to pick up the second round.
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I would like to add my best wishes to Leonard. Great guy!!! Appreciate all the photo sharing and other contributions.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I knew that Leonard had been ill but never knew it was a stroke that sidelined him. I miss his posts also & hope all these greetings give him the cheer that we all need. Wish he was closer & I'd paint the fender on his car that he had in his signature.....always got a chuckle seeing that.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Ditto....to all that has been said about Leonard! While I only know him from the forum and some correspondence (being at the opposite sides of the country and all)...I was able to contributed to his amazing collection of Studebaker items. I too, wish him only the very best in the days ahead!

Comment

I certainly hope he is doing well, aside from his stroke.

I would like to think there are devices that will allow someone in their condtion the ability to communicate on their own PC.

Craig

Comment

I would echo the sentiments of the others - Leonard your presence is greatly missed here on the Forum!
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Since joining this Forum about 5 years ago I was attracted to quite a few of Leonard's postings & had some good exchanges with him. I trust he keeps as well as he can allowing for his current condition.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Yes Leonard, all the best to you. I miss your posts. It seemed like you could always find a pertinent picture for whatever was being discussed.

Dave Bonn
                            '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

I am glad Bob started this thread. Leonard I too miss your contributions to this forum.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X