More Studebakers discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Studebakers discovered

By discovered, I mean by the brother and I. I am sure all the neighbors and the owner knew right where these are, but we had not seen them. After our chapter meeting Joe and I went looking for some Studes that another member had mentioned. We only knew what highway the old body shop was on where the cars were stashed. After driving further than we though we should, I finally spotted the Studebakers on a hillside. We couldn't see all of the cars clearly, but along with some other makes there were 3 2R pickups and about 10 or 12 cars. Including an Avanti, a 62 or so station wagon, a Hawk coupe, 3 59 or 60 2 door hardtops,a 62 hardtop, a 55 sedan, and a 56 President. Here are a few pictures.

Last edited by 52-fan; 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM. Reason: changed a picture
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Howard when are you and Joe going to start hauling them home?

Comment

We don't even know who they belong to. I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone who was a former club member. We got the address of the shop and will do some investigating. One of the Lark hardtops looked like it had been repainted and then abandoned outside. There were also a few early 60s T-birds and Firebirds.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Why are old rusting car so cool?

Comment

I realized that the Studebaker pickup in the background is a different truck so I posted it too.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

What highway did you say this old body shop was on where the cars are stashed?

Comment

"Banjoe's playing in the background"
              Big Redneck jumps out of the woods with a shotgun!

Oh that's just my Hubby.... LOL

Comment

Working...
              X