48 Stude on Spike TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Stude on Spike TV

Adrian, don't know if you are on the forum, and I have not got your number anymore, but just in case- - - -I seen my old 48 that you bought from us at the Hwy. 101 yard sale on Spike TV during their car show period this morning. Glad to see you have got rid of that interior and replaced it with the saddle color, we wanted to do the same. I'm proud for you, and it was a hoot seeing our old truck again. OH, and thought it neat that you kept the clear "hospital" tubing on the tailgate chains, still think that looks good, even tho' I considered running some real "candy" paint thru them to stain them red, ha !! Congrats on the coverage, you've made it look even nicer, John

I saw it too yesterday & it looked great! Wow what a great looking truck. Made me take my eyes off Courtney too! I'd like to see more of it & things like the custom running boards that was mentioned.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren Webb, when I owned the truck, it had the smooth boards on it as you can see in the pics. These may or may not be what Courtney was talking about, and Adrian may know these were not stock, I just assumed they were what came on it, but minus rubber mats. An "m" series expert would know, I don't, sorry. It is an extremely nice truck, tho', and he has probably made it even nicer.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is a greatlooking truck, many non Studebaker people at work asked me if I saw the show.

Question I have is to the accuracy of the information that was given by Courtney.

Serial number 53?
        One of only 10,000?

This lead me to believe maybe an old ID plate from another truck was used?
        Or was the production of 10000 from only year 1948. Surely more "M's" were produced than that during it's 1941-1948 run.

Once again nice truck and even better story it may have been owned by j Byrd.
        Quite a transformation eh?!
        Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 04-16-2012, 04:18 AM.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Guys, I never knew about the number of the truck, but all papers from new were with it when I got it. The truck was from North Carolina originally. Serial numbers don't interest me, except to match whats on the paperwork, so I couldn't vouch for build dates or how many built. Adrian is an extremely nice fellow that really loved the truck, and I'm sure he has researched everything about it, as I gave him all the other owners papers too. If I remember right, it was actually a state truck first, then to Tennessee, then to the gent that rodded it in Florence, Al. that I got it from. It's been a few years since I sold it to Adrian at our yard sale, and he has all the info I had. I am trying to contact him to get on here and let us know what all he has done, and provide current pics. Oh, and Courtney could tell me ANYTHING and I would enjoy it ! Ha !

Comment

Working...
          X