PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an 8-track lying around?

cultural infidel
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Looking to get an under-dash 8 track player. Working or not does not matter. If ya got one, how much would you like for it?

avantilover
04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Here's an eBay link - they have 38 units/related items for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=car+8+track+players&_sacat=0&_odkw=8+track+players&_osacat=0&_from=R40

BobPalma
04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Sean: Do you want just a player, or a combo AM/FM/8-track? I think I still have an aftermarket unit pulled from a used car 'way back when. BP

cultural infidel
04-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Sean: Do you want just a player, or a combo AM/FM/8-track? I think I still have an aftermarket unit pulled from a used car 'way back when. BP

I am looking for anything really. I want to mount a CD player inside of it and use the front as a flip down plate. As long as it can fit a standard din radio in it, then it'll work for me.

Standard din is 7"wide x 2"tall

BobPalma
04-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Sorry for the false alarm, Sean; I looked high and low among my several dozen old take-out radios and don't seem to have that one. It's been probably 25 years since I saw it, so I may have put it in a car to sell 'way back when. BP

52 Ragtop
04-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Why not send out your radio, have it converted to am/fm and have an I pod jack installed? I had a Stude am/fm, sent it out for repair, and had the I pod jack put in. Works great and I ran the wiring to the center console in my Avanti.

Jim

64V19816
04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
A few years ago I was talking with the guy who bought the hardware store in my little town, and he told me of the new (old) unsold stock upstairs that Sid sold him with the store. There were three brand new under dash 8 track units, package dated 1970. I bought them all and still have one but no way is it getting it's innards ripped out.

DEEPNHOCK
04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
8 track purist:eek:
Is there a division nine for radios and tape players?:rolleyes:

A few years ago I was talking with the guy who bought the hardware store in my little town, and he told me of the new (old) unsold stock upstairs that Sid sold him with the store. There were three brand new under dash 8 track units, package dated 1970. I bought them all and still have one but no way is it getting it's innards ripped out.

cultural infidel
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the false alarm, Sean; I looked high and low among my several dozen old take-out radios and don't seem to have that one. It's been probably 25 years since I saw it, so I may have put it in a car to sell 'way back when. BP
No worries. I am in no hurry on my search. I may just end up getting one of Ebay. Just thought I would check on here first.

Why not send out your radio, have it converted to am/fm and have an I pod jack installed? I had a Stude am/fm, sent it out for repair, and had the I pod jack put in. Works great and I ran the wiring to the center console in my Avanti.
Jim
Why not? Mostly because I do not have a radio to begin with. Also, I may be one of the few who still listens to CD's when I am driving. Great Idea though! Thanks!

You could keep the innards! haha. I just need the outards!

RadioRoy
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
The "iPod jack" allows you to hook up a CD player, or a satellite radio, as well as an iPod.

As another idea, some companies used to make fake tissue dispensers. the front opened down, like a bread box.Inside you could mount a modern radio, but it would be disguised as a tissue holder.

WCP
04-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I have an under dash unit that you could have for the cost of shipping, but I doubt that a CD player would fit inside, based on my recall of it's size. Also the shipping from here may be more than you are prepared to pay. You should be able to find one closer to home at a reasonable price (or free).

studegary
04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
The last underdash 8 track unit that I owned was a Mack truck unit with a bulldog on the front. I sold it to a guy for $10. He was VERY glad to get it.

george o
04-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Email if interested

Take care

George o