Cores, save or scrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cores, save or scrap

We were cleaning up my parents garage when we found a number of cores of Lark six fuel pumps, master cylinders, water pumps and other pieces. Does anyone want these for potential cores for rebuilding or do they go on our scrap pile?

If someone wants them it might take a while to ship (how many could I cram in a flat rate box) but I would rather send them to a Studebaker rebuilder for future reuse.

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Really good question. I also was cleaning up and found several boxes of used master cylinders and wheel cylinders. I saved most of these back in the days before many of them were being reproduced. Now that new ones are available, is there any value in hanging on them?
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Save the odd master cylinders for old cars and trucks. common late style cores are scrap, 63 and 65's being rare to some purists.

Any carter F pump is a good core , early AC pumps are good, even one with a bad case has god internal parts on other rebuilds. Toss out any late model AC or Airtex

Any odd ball (older car and truck) looking wheel cylinders are good cores. late 6 and V8 cylinders are scrap

Old 6, big 6, Old president 8, Packard , original Avanti waterpumps are good cores. anything else is not worth saving more than 1 of for each car you may own.... just in case.

Comment

Working...
      X