SDC Board of Director Voting Results on the SDC web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Board of Director Voting Results on the SDC web page

The SDC Board of Directors voted at their February 22, 2012 meeting to make voting actions taken by the Board available on-line. This is something that the majority of the Board felt was necessary so that the membership would know the voting results of their individual Zone Director and to encourage transparency, and participation in our Club. Your Board of Directors vote on items pertaining to the Club throughout the year, not just on Monday of the International Meet. Please take a moment and look at the results of your individual Zone Director. If you have an idea or suggestion that you want to make, please don't hesitate to contact your Zone Director as well. You can find the voting results in the Studebaker News area on the main web page:

I think this is a great idea , one thing that should be added is that the membership should know ahead of time what is going to be voted on so they have the opportunity to voice their opinion to their director.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Of course, now that we know who voted against having this info online, I've got to wonder - why would they be against this?
      Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but those "No" voters might be better served to explain themselves.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I was surprised at the count, 8 in favor, 6 opposed. I expected it would have been near unanimous in favor. There must have been some good arguments against.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Look down the list of 15. One is a semi-regular on the Forum and another is an occasional poster. If you are looking for feedback on the reason to vote against this, I do not think that you will find it here. I have stated that I believe that some level of awareness and participation in the Forum should be a requirement of SDC officers and Directors.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I have stated that I believe that some level of awareness and participation in the Forum should be a requirement of SDC officers and Directors.
            I won't be surprised if we see Webinars for all those who are unable to attend an Interantional Meet. That way, one can 'tune in' from their home.

Craig

Comment

Craig , don't laugh , the way gas prices are going we may need that !
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                Craig , don't laugh , the way gas prices are going we may need that !
                Laugh?? Why would I laugh at newer form of interactive communication that is proving to be very effective, and actually WORKS? Here in the workplace, we use Webinars all the time with manufacturers for new product information and updates on installation methods for current products on a regular basis. And the Q & A seminar at the end of each session often gives us a lot of answers. I have mentioned in the past, the internet and e-mail can be taken as an "essential service" now, and one can easily be left behind without it.

Craig

Comment

I second Craig's motion re: "Webinars"!

all in favor.....
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

There must have been some good arguments against.
                    Probably not.
                    If there are, let's hear 'em.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Gary,

I completely agree with you, awareness of what is going on within this Forum should be happening. Besides that, if one doesn't read the many interesting threads going on here they are really missing out on some very informative material. I have learned a great deal from fellow members on these forums. I am a Board member, at least until April 15th. By the number of postings you would think I am seldom here. Not so. I read the postings most every morning.

Comment

By the number of postings you would think I am seldom here. Not so. I read the postings most every morning.
                        It's my understanding that some SDC members never register here, but do read the posts.
                        (right, George?)

Comment

As ignorant as I am as to the goings-on of the clubs administration, I wish ALL of the meetings minutes and votes were posted. I don't really know how else to know what is going on. My local club is no good in this respect and I have quit attending. And, apparently, none of them have noticed. This forum is my Studebaker Club source, and I love it. Is it too much to get administrative doings posted here?

According to the voting on putting it online, it appears to me that there are elected people who don't want others to know what they are doing, and that is just wrong. I don't know what zone I am in, and I don't know who is my 'leader', but if they voted no, they'd be on the way out.

Comment

Excellent form of communication ! Good to see our club go in this direction. One question......what is this "did not vote" stuff? How difficult is it to vote? What is involved with the voting process? Why would someone not vote? Please help me better understand. Thank you
                            Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 04-10-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Webinars - For the last year and a half I've been working as a director of a behavioral treatment home. Before that I was a video and film producer for years. As a SDC member, I would gladly produce the actual webinars at no cost to benefit the Stude world at large. My biggest challenge would be the time and funds to make the trip to the Meet.

I'm a huge huge advocate of using technology in the preservation of history. Seriously, if you need an eye opener, go sit in a mall food court for a couple hours and try to count the number of people who are using smart phones, tablets, or other technology. Before long you'll give up and start counting people who don't have them, because it's easier. I used to manage a mall customer service desk several years ago. Even then, it was a rare day if I didn't see at least one couple sit at a table, and each of them would stare at their phones without talking to one another.

This can be a hard pill for some folks to swallow, but technology is the new standard for communication today. If we want Studebakers to survive too much farther into the 21st century, not just using technology, but really embracing it is necessary. The SDC should be active here. There should be a formal SDC facebook page and twitter account, and there should be content that gets the 20 something out there to think of the Studebaker as more than their great grandpa's relic car.

Sorry, that's a soapbox subject for me. I'll stop before I start foaming at the mouth.
                              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                              X