Possible Virus warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Virus warning.

I just received an email from pszikszai@aol.com which contained nonsense in the message area. It was sent to several other individuals with studebaker connections. I believe that the emails chosen are from the Studebaker Swap Page listings as I have had no other dealings with Paul Szikszai but we both have ads on the Swap Page.
    I have sent Paul an email alerting him.

When an email account is hijacked, the FIRST thing the hijacker does is change the password. That way, they can use the account for a relatively long time AND the owner of the account can't get to it. Sending an email most likely doesn't do any good since Paul won't be able to read it.

I got one of the emails and I don't have anything on the swap page. You got the email because your email addy is in Paul's "contacts". The main reason hijackers hijack an account is to harvest the email addys so they can spam them.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I also got that email
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Paul Szikszai's computer is not necessarily the one infected. Any computer that has both his email address and your email address could be the culprit that is infected. The virus mines email addresses from the contacts and all the messages on the computer and then uses one address to show as the from address and sends infected emails to all the rest of them.
        Cliff
        54 Commander Coupe driver
        53 Commander Hardtop project
        SE Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by cliffh View Post
          Paul Szikszai's computer is not necessarily the one infected. Any computer that has both his email address and your email address could be the culprit that is infected. The virus mines email addresses from the contacts and all the messages on the computer and then uses one address to show as the from address and sends infected emails to all the rest of them.
          Cliff
          Within the past week, I received a "garbage" e-mail that indicated that it was from me. I hoped that my computer and address book weren't the problem. Cathy did not get the e-mail, which to me says that everyone in my address book didn't receive it. Your explanation above explains that, I hope.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X