Posting Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures

For some reason, the "Insert Image" icon will only offers URL posting. It will not allow posting pix that are in my computer. The posting pix instructions say two choices will come up: URL and Computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Joe H

If you are talking about posting pics to "Stove Huggers", Bob Shaw explains that here...

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ggers+pictures

If not, I don't know.

My 2 cents on posting pics...I would hope that more post from a web site instead of from their computer. If from your computer, only those logged on to the forum can see them. This excludes any "newbies" that haven't yet signed up for the forum. Not our best foot forward to attracting new posters. Even forum members can't see them unless they log on. I generally don't log on unless I have something to say, so I miss a lot of pictures. Even if you are a forum member and logged on, you have to click on a thumbnail to see the pic, then it is generally still a fairly small image. Lastly, it eats up forum bandwidth to post from your computer. Bandwidth is expensive and is probably the reason posting pics from your computer is banned on Stove Huggers.

If you post from a web site (photobucket, Flickr, etc) it takes a few more minutes to upload your pic to the web site, BUT you can then imbed your pic exactly where you want it in your post, it can be whatever size you want it, everyone sees it immediately without logging in or signing up for the forum or having to click on a thumbnail...plus it saves the SDC bandwith (and money).
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
      My 2 cents on posting pics...I would hope that more post from a web site instead of from their computer. If from your computer, only those logged on to the forum can see them. This excludes any "newbies" that haven't yet signed up for the forum. Not our best foot forward to attracting new posters. Even forum members can't see them unless they log on. I generally don't log on unless I have something to say, so I miss a lot of pictures. Even if you are a forum member and logged on, you have to click on a thumbnail to see the pic, then it is generally still a fairly small image. Lastly, it eats up forum bandwidth to post from your computer. Bandwidth is expensive and is probably the reason posting pics from your computer is banned on Stove Huggers.

If you post from a web site (photobucket, Flickr, etc) it takes a few more minutes to upload your pic to the web site, BUT you can then imbed your pic exactly where you want it in your post, it can be whatever size you want it, everyone sees it immediately without logging in or signing up for the forum or having to click on a thumbnail...plus it saves the SDC bandwith (and money).
      Dick, I'm totally with you on this one! I fully agree a picture-hosting website is the way to do it for the reasons you state.

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X