PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Area Car Shows - Dates

cultural infidel
04-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I have added a new post to both of my blogs. It lists a bunch of Seattle area car shows if anyone is interested. I will be updating the list.

In my Project 65 blog, you can find it under the "Car Shows" title. If you look under the Wagon blog, it is the most recent post. Both posts are the same.

StudeDave57
04-06-2012, 11:24 PM
That's a pretty nice list. If you add the Stude Stuff it'd be an AWESOME list!!!

cultural infidel
04-07-2012, 12:17 AM
That's a pretty nice list. If you add the Stude Stuff it'd be an AWESOME list!!!

What all do you have for me to add?

cultural infidel
04-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Does anyone have any dates they would like me to add to the list? I am going to add IDYSTW (or whatever the acronym is) and the one up at the bell.

hausdok
04-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi,

I don't think I saw it.

Every Saturday during warm weather at Clearview plaza about halfway between Bothell and Snohomish on State Route 9 (Woodinville-Snohomish Rd.) an impromptu car show forms behind the McDonalds at the corner of Rt. 9 and 176th St. SE.

Antique cars, Classics, Restomods, Restorods, cars halfway through restorations - all makes - start showing up at around 3:00 pm and folks stay until about 7 pm or so and then they start drifting away until they are all gone. There is no judging, no officials, just a bunch of folks parking their cars, walking around admiring each others' work, giving each other tips and talking cars. It's a great place to find out where you can get great interior work done, where to get stuff plated, where to get mods done, etc..

Sometimes there are less than a dozen cars, sometimes there is as many as 4 or 5 dozen cars. I don't even think there's a single contact point to find out when it's happening, but last Saturday evening, as I was driving home from a job, a really nice '37 Ford Restorod that's there almost every weekend passed me on Rt. 9 in Woodinville at about 7:00 pm. Since I know the owner doesn't take that car out unless he's going to a drive in of some sort, I'm assuming he was on his way home from Clearview. Guess I have to start leaving Saturdays clear of appointments again.

Not sure if this will work or not but I'll give it a shot: http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/hausdok/Clearview%20on%20a%20Saturday/?albumview=slideshow

It's a nice way to spend an evening if you're into cars.

(S)
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I used to go to the old costco /burger king in Lynwood on Highway 99, lots of cars start there and go to Clearview. 100 cars there on a nice Friday evening.

Is anyone near a Wesco Autobody supply? ask for the 'list' they put together for car events.

cultural infidel
04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks Mike. I have added the cruise to the top of the list. As well as 6 or 7 new shows that I found out about today.

cultural infidel
04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I used to go to the old costco /burger king in Lynwood on Highway 99, lots of cars start there and go to Clearview. 100 cars there on a nice Friday evening.

Is anyone near a Wesco Autobody supply? ask for the 'list' they put together for car events.

I live about 10 minutes from one. I will try to stop in there and ask

texbodemer
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
There's the Lake City Car Show: (August 4, 2012, at 10 AM)
http://www.lakecityfestival.com/

cultural infidel
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Lake City show has been added. Too bad it is a bit off the beaten path being behind the building. Move it on over to Dicks! Oh well.

(S)
04-11-2012, 01:38 AM
The "wesco list" will blow you away!