some times you just find a real cherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some times you just find a real cherry

Today I went into the mountains to get a nice hood and trunk lid for my 66 hardtop project, after loading them in owner shows me a home made trailer from a 56 "C" box this was done about 20 years ago and has held up real well, I guess being a trailer and not a truck bad things don't happen as often, here is a few pictures, all licensed and lights also and rust free.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

That is a sweet bed... Straight as an arrow, and rust free....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I just had an idea (maybe not a good idea, but an idea none the less). Has anyone ever put a Studebaker bed on a late model pickup? For example, install that bed on a 2000 F-150 shortbed pickup. I wonder if it would fit....
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I would love to have a Stude pickup bed trailer like that.

Comment

I have 2 of them come out and get one,
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Yeah Bob, that is rather a nice one. It would look nicer behind my truck! Though honestly, I'd rather a long bed. Since he showed it to you, what is he asking for it? Not that I can afford it, just asking.

Not a bad idea Milaca. However the bed would look better on my '62 Champ shorty.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hi Bob
              Want to trade?
              Paul

Comment

Judging from the backgrounds in those pics, this guy is quite a Studebaker collector.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  I would love to have a Stude pickup bed trailer like that.
                  I would love to have the tailgate for a work bench.
                  1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Matt
                    If you REALLY want a pickup box trailer, I have two to chose from, and I would sell either for $100, or both for $150. Better yet, they're both red!

And mine are 1800 miles closer to you than Bob's. Nebraska's beautiful this time of year, and just a short (three or four day) road trip away.
                    John
                    1950 Champion
                    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                    Holdrege NE

Comment

If I was heading back there this summer, I would try to snag one of those right up! Maybe I'll get there next year for the family reunion
                      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                        Yeah Bob, that is rather a nice one. It would look nicer behind my truck! Though honestly, I'd rather a long bed. Since he showed it to you, what is he asking for it? Not that I can afford it, just asking.

Not a bad idea Milaca. However the bed would look better on my '62 Champ shorty.
                        Ron I bought it for resale as a whole trailer or as parts since that is what I do....Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

Ron I bought it for resale as a whole trailer or as parts since that is what I do....Bob
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                            Judging from the backgrounds in those pics, this guy is quite a Studebaker collector.
                            Ya Bob from the back ground it does look that way doesn't it? but I bought the trailer for resale and the pictures are at my shop.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                              Matt
                              If you REALLY want a pickup box trailer, I have two to chose from, and I would sell either for $100, or both for $150. Better yet, they're both red!

And mine are 1800 miles closer to you than Bob's. Nebraska's beautiful this time of year, and just a short (three or four day) road trip away.
                              Matt and any one else looking for a trailer these look to be a very good deal if not so far away I would have them in a heart beat.
                              Last edited by candbstudebakers; 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X