Alternator Bracket for R3 manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Bracket for R3 manifolds

Hey does anyone have pictures of an R3 Alternator bracket? I'm looking to install an alternator on my '55 with R3 exhaust manifolds and didn't realize that they didn't use the traditional alternator bracket. Also does anyone know where I can find one or info/pictures of what they've done to overcome this.

I'm not running a supercharger, so I would not mind keeping the alternator in the traditional location.

John Reich

John Reich

1955 Studebaker President
    1960 Studebaker Lark (For Sale)
    1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

I believe if you buy them from Thibeault he includes the bracket. might want to drop him a line and see if he can send you a pic.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Do you want to keep it original? I made my own out of a piece of 3"x2"x3/16" angle. I mounted the bracket off of the two headbolts. I capped one end and welded a 3/8" gusset spaced to bolt in the alternator. Worked great.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to give Thibault an email or a call about the bracket.

Stude4x4 that bracket looks great, I just don't have any of the equipment I would need to make it.

John Reich

John Reich

1955 Studebaker President
        1960 Studebaker Lark (For Sale)
        1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X