Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 Chevy dash in a 50 Studebaker? Shoot me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Chevy dash in a 50 Studebaker? Shoot me!

sigpic

Well, there ya go. Guy had a '55 Chevy and wondered how he could add some CLASS to it!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'll NEVER figure that one out! '55-'56 Chevy dashes in those years are 'low-budget', and look it. It certainly does not offer any improvement in appearance over the original Studebaker dash at all.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
        Well, there ya go. Guy had a '55 Chevy and wondered how he could add some CLASS to it!
        ROFLOL Now that is a way to put a positive spin on it.
        sigpic

Comment

Early 80s montecarlo steering wheel doesn't help either

Comment

You know how hot rodders are. They always have to f--- with everything. They can't leave anything alone.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I saw a really cool 60 Cadillac custom at the Sacramento Autorama that had a 57 Chevy dash in it. I thought it really cheapened it up. The builder of the car was there and I asked him about the dash swap and he told me he didn't like the Caddy dash. (I didn't comment further but my thoughts were "and you like the 57 Chevy dash better?")

I know... His car, his money....
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Sometimes people build/modify cars to suit themselves, and don't care what anyone else thinks. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                  I saw a really cool 60 Cadillac custom at the Sacramento Autorama that had a 57 Chevy dash in it. I thought it really cheapened it up. The builder of the car was there and I asked him about the dash swap and he told me he didn't like the Caddy dash. (I didn't comment further but my thoughts were "and you like the 57 Chevy dash better?")

I know... His car, his money....
                  His car, his money....
                  And likely to remain his car because not very many people are going to give him their money for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    Sometimes people build/modify cars to suit themselves, and don't care what anyone else thinks. And there's nothing wrong with that.
                    I agree. But doing these things stimulate people's personal comments and there's nothing wrong with that either. For every 100 positive comments I get about my Studebakers, I get one or two negatives. It's all part of being in the hobby.

I don't dislike people that make such comments although I did threaten to kick my friend Frank's a** next time he called my car a Stupidbaker....
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

With an endless variety of possibilities, if you were to option your own Studebaker with another's dash, which would you choose?
                      I can tell you it would not be the '55 Chevy; maybe Pontiac or Nash.
                      Here are a few photos to stimulate a discussion:

Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

"And likely to remain his car because not very many people are going to give him their money for it."
                        This is a point well taken. Ya you can do anything you want to your car, go for it. But somewhere down the road (a lotta ppl have trouble looking far enough ahead, let's face it) if he needs the bucks for surgery or his kid or sick wife or something it will be *much* tougher to sell.
                        1947 M5 under restoration
                        a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Here's one of my favorites. If I can find one, it might end up in my Conestoga

Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                            Here's one of my favorites. If I can find one, it might end up in my Conestoga

How about the 60 Buick version with the backwards speedometer that was visible to the driver through mirror image.... I always thought those were cool.
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

It is listed as a 1950, but to me, it appears (front and rear) to be a 1951 with a 1950 nose piece.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X