Studebaker Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Guy

Here I am 24 years old, driving my 1961 Studebaker Lark everyday and just trying to fix it up as I go. And trying to also work on my 1953 Commander when I have some extra $$$, but just wanted to say that I love my cars more than anything and I couldn't ask for a better automobile.

Dude, you rock. And that is an awesome Lark! Glad to have you here!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks a lot!!! Sadly the car doesn't look that great right now, 212,000 miles on it now and it needs a lot of work. But I love the car and I love driving it, so I'll get to work.

Comment

Nice car! Glad to see some younger studebaker enthusiasts!

Comment

Cool car welcome to the forum. Understand the working on it when money and time allows thing. Keep it rolling!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Only 212K?

My dad got another 100K miles than that, and I still have the car and it still looks and runs great.

Comment

Right on.. Welcome, from another wild and crazy kid. 22 here. Deland huh? How's Bob Coolidge doing?

Comment

That is a GREAT daily driver. Congrats!
                ~Matt Connor
                '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Welcome to the forum!! As Matt said, it's nice to see some more young blood here. I'm 18. Got a '40 Champion and a "special" '53 Commander as well... Love the look of that '61, kdefinately keep 'er on the road!
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

That car rocks!
                    I wish I had a (stude) car that nice that I could drive,
                    and yes I'm slightly older than you.

Dean.

Comment

Ah..24 and all the world ahead..and looking through a classic windshield..

Welcome !

Comment

Welcome aboard, car looks fine, and your attitude and approach seem spot on. Driving your car as you fix things can be just as rewarding as a full on restoration. I was 16 once, driving my 61 everywhere, you undoubtedly will have great memory's story's and/or questions feel free to ask any time. There really has been somewhat of an explosion of newer forum participant in the last 6 months so don't feel like your the only "new" guy here. Check out some of the local "chapters" of SDClub in your area and get involved if you have the time.....and its not too late to make plans for the International meet this year being held in South Bend.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Nice ride, welcome!

Comment

Welcome Johnny.
                            Sweet car there for driver. I like it. Post up some pics of the Commander.
                            You really have found the right place to help you with what you need here, any answers to questions, and place where folks will LOVE to see pics of your cars.

Kelly

Comment

Welcome! That is a nice looking 1961 Lark Deluxe with the optional dual headlights. I strongly suggest that you join the Studebaker Drivers Club. You can do it from this site.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X