Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Air now has Climatizer II for C Cab pickups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Air now has Climatizer II for C Cab pickups!

This is pretty cool (and hot). Both modern heating and cooling for your C Cab!
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Love the kit...terriffied to ask the price

Comment

I'll probably end up going with a Mojave system in the 65.... possibly in the 60 as well. About $250 can get you set up and going.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Here it is in my truck. I posted a thread about it a while back if you want to check it out. It works great - both the heater and the A/C. The dash plate was custom made to look like the original piece but the terminology for the switches matches the new unit. I have a few extras if you would like one. Send me a PM if you are interested. I can also send you pictures from the under hood side of the unit.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Less than I would have guessed!

Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post

Here it is in my truck. I posted a thread about it a while back if you want to check it out. It works great - both the heater and the A/C. The dash plate was custom made to look like the original piece but the terminology for the switches matches the new unit. I have a few extras if you would like one. Send me a PM if you are interested. I can also send you pictures from the under hood side of the unit.
            Jon what did you pay for yours? the reason I ask is that I have the full set up that belongs to Pat in LA I removed it from the warehouse to try and sell it for him, he said he paid around $1700.00 and never used it . The cruiser he just sold did have Air once while he was driving it and the compressor was use for a little while, the set up is for the "C" cab truck with V-8 he wants to try and get $700.00 for every thing plus shipping , if any one here is interested let me know, also Pat if you want chime in and fill in any info that I have missed or might be wrong.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Bob I would think $700 if it is new would be a very fair price. However, the new Climatizer II from VA does both heating and cooling duties.
              Dan White
              64 R1 GT
              64 R2 GT
              58 C Cab
              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                Bob I would think $700 if it is new would be a very fair price. However, the new Climatizer II from VA does both heating and cooling duties.
                Dan, this might be both I have not taken it out of the box to check it out, Pat might jump in here at any time and he would know...
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

This unit is both heat & AC - I bought it from Vinage Air back around 2001, it never got installed. If it's not complete it's 95%+, maybe Bob can get some pictures of it if there is any interest. I believe it looks like the unit Jon posted a picture of.

Comment

I paid about a grand for mine but that did not include a bunch of the under hood "stuff" If the unit you have dates back to 2001 then it is not the same. My unit was developed specifically for the Studebaker C Cab trucks and is a new item. I got one of the first ones. We just bought it in September of 2011.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                    X