Out of the Shop and Back on the Job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Shop and Back on the Job!

Our workshop was reroofed this weekend and the Champ was there to oversee the operation. It looks like it backed the dumpster into place. The building facade will be changed to a traditional "step down" look. The yellow bldg. in the distance is Lumber Liquidators.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rbruner; 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM.

I not sure what you mean by "step down". Is it like a commercial building of some type?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The new roofline will be flat on top to hide the old peak, then step down 18", then continue flat again for 3 ft., then step down another18". Kinda like an etch-a-sketch hat. I have a drawing but don't know how to post it. The old wood section that sits on the block front will be torn off & reframed with treated 2x6s, covered with exterior plywood & wire mesh, then the entire front stuccoed continuously to the ground. The old roof will butt to the new facade with flashing.

Comment

So, how did all the problems with the repairs work out? Maybe I missed the update?
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Well, Nationwide called today to ask about my medical treatment progress. I let them know that their preferred body shop should not be recommended to anyone. When I picked up the truck at 4:00 Friday, the bed was still sitting crooked on the frame. They "brush touched" where the Linex masking tape pulled off the Maaco paint job from a year ago. It looks like hell. The bed has a hump in the floor....... I'm not pleased. Now I'm fighting to be reimbursed $500 for the rental car. It goes on more than 2 months since the wreck.

Comment

Good Luck with your fight.
            It is always easy to give insurance companies money....but to get it back????
            Good roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
              The new roofline will be flat on top to hide the old peak, then step down 18", then continue flat again for 3 ft., then step down another18". Kinda like an etch-a-sketch hat. I have a drawing but don't know how to post it. The old wood section that sits on the block front will be torn off & reframed with treated 2x6s, covered with exterior plywood & wire mesh, then the entire front stuccoed continuously to the ground. The old roof will butt to the new facade with flashing.
              Okay, I got it now. Lots of older commercial buildings like that.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

That's awful. Perhaps an appraised as-is (repaired) versus an assumed as was, will help. And a lawyer. A good lawyer experienced in this kind of BS.

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
                Well, Nationwide called today to ask about my medical treatment progress. I let them know that their preferred body shop should not be recommended to anyone. When I picked up the truck at 4:00 Friday, the bed was still sitting crooked on the frame. They "brush touched" where the Linex masking tape pulled off the Maaco paint job from a year ago. It looks like hell. The bed has a hump in the floor....... I'm not pleased. Now I'm fighting to be reimbursed $500 for the rental car. It goes on more than 2 months since the wreck.
                Ron Dame
                '63 Champ

Comment

Went to a car show tonight & came home with a 1st place trophy. That takes the sting out of the whole mess temporarily. Will post pics tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X