Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy of Knute Rockne, All-American (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy of Knute Rockne, All-American (pic)

Would anyone like to have an original copy of the 1931 book, Knute Rockne, All-American, by Harry A. Stuhldreher? It's hardbound; 336 pages. $12 postpaid to your door. The book is in good condition overall and the colorful (for 1931) dust jacket is intact, though a bit worn.

We live just a half-block north of The Brownsburg Public Library, also on Jefferson Street. I was there today looking for something else and wandered into their "Friends of the Library" used book sales store. They cull what they feel are collectible books and offer them at higher prices than the usual $1 bargain bin, and have the Rockne book set aside at $7. I'm figuring $5 to package and send it. (No big money-making deal, here; I just thought someone might like to have it.)

I didn't buy the book, so if you sincerely want it, post here and I'll go buy it before someone else does.

Then send me a check or cash for $12 and where to mail it and I'll do that poste haste as soon as the check arrives. Address in any Turning Wheels Co-Operator column.

(Dick Quinn and the antique crowd; are these fairly common?) BP

EDIT: Pic. in Post #9, below.
    Last edited by BobPalma; 04-03-2012, 05:32 AM. Reason: added picture when purchased for Steve.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Would anyone like to have an original copy of the 1931 book, Knute Rockne, All-American, by Harry A. Stuhldreher? It's hardbound; 336 pages. $12 postpaid to your door. The book is in good condition overall and the colorful (for 1931) dust jacket is intact, though a bit worn.

We live just a half-block north of The Brownsburg Public Library, also on Jefferson Street. I was there today looking for something else and wandered into their "Friends of the Library" used book sales store. They cull what they feel are collectible books and offer them at higher prices than the usual $1 bargain bin, and have the Rockne book set aside at $7. I'm figuring $5 to package and send it. (No big money-making deal, here; I just thought someone might like to have it.)

I didn't buy the book, so if you sincerely want it, post here and I'll go buy it before someone else does.

Then send me a check or cash for $12 and where to mail it and I'll do that poste haste as soon as the check arrives. Address in any Turning Wheels Co-Operator column.

(Dick Quinn and the antique crowd; are these fairly common?) BP
    I have one but probably not too plentiful. The fact that it was written by one of his more famous players (one of the four horsemen from the 1924 team) is particularly good since it gives a first hand account from someone who knew him well.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Book

Us Alabama fans do not allow ND related items in our house..................
      Jack White
      Charlotte,NC
      North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bamajak View Post
        Us Alabama fans do not allow ND related items in our house...
        Hey, Jack, I can relate to that: As a Life Member of The Purdue Alumni Association, I don't want the book in my house unless I have a firm commitment that it will be leaving in the near future! <GGG> BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,

If it's still there I will take it. My Cousins and Brother In Law just opened a new brewery in South Bend called Four Horseman Brewery. It would look good in the tasting room.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
            Bob,

If it's still there I will take it. My Cousins and Brother In Law just opened a new brewery in South Bend called Four Horseman Brewery. It would look good in the tasting room. Steve
            OK, Steve; you got it. That will be a neat addition to their tasting room, especially an original copy.

I'll buy it tomorrow morning when the library opens and post here that I have it in my possession.

I assume you have a Turning Wheels and can find my mailing address here in Brownsburg. As soon as you see my post here that I have it in hand, kindly send the $12 and I'll package it up nicely and send it First-Class mail if it is within that weight limit. BP

Comment

Sounds like a plan Bob...thanks!

Comment

dang just a little too late! I was too busy dying eggs with the little one! enjoy the book Steve!
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Sounds like a plan Bob...thanks!
                  Here ya' go, Steve; 'just picked it up when the library opened this morning:

Send money and I'll hold it for you. BP

Comment

Thanks Bob...as they say "the check is in the mail". Just send to address on the check. If it's cheaper 3rd class is fine...still shouldn't take too long to make its way up here.

Comment

Thanks Bob...as they say "the check is in the mail". Just send to address on the check. If it's cheaper 3rd class is fine...still shouldn't take too long to make its way up here.
                      Media Mail may be the cheapest way. I find that I get and get delivered Media Mail at the same length of time as First Class Mail. I once had a hard cover Studebaker shop manual opened by the Post Office to check for proper use of Media Mail. I have had no problems using Media Mail. It is in place for things like this.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I went to high scool with elmer leyden sons pat and mike met elmer twice w wonderful person on of the four horseman of nd

Comment

Hi, Steve: Your check was in the "held" mail when we got back from vacation to Washington DC.
                          The book was mailed to you this morning.
                          I spent the $.85 for Delivery Confirmation, too.
                          Enjoy. BP

Comment

Working...
                          X