Studebakers In Lompoc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers In Lompoc

It was a good day for Studebakers at the swap meet and car show in Lompoc today. It was a fundraiser for the new drag strip they are working to build there. Dan brought out his 55 President:

Tom drove his 53 Commander:

I drove the 25 miles to share the camper and Avanti:

Everyone seemed to enjoy the Studes. Before we left we got the Studes together for a photo op. Lots of looks and questions. Only wish the Avanti had been running. People like to hear it run. Oh well. Maybe next time. They are planning another one in June. Enjoy the pictures
    Dan

Is Tom, Tom Mcaffrie ? sorry about the spelling but I sold a lot of parts and a few Studebakers to that Tom a few years back and he lived in Lompac, wonder if he is still inot Studebakers.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Yes, it is Tom Mc Caffrey. He is still into Studebakers and Mopars. But I think he is losing his mind as his kid is building a Nova???? His youngest son is building a Lark. He has about half the cars he used to have because he had to move his yard and the economy has really hurt the trucking industry. When he was moving he gave me the 49 and 53 2R5's. He also hooked me up with the Schuylers who gave me the camper. A lot of the parts on the Avanti and the camper came from Tom. He is a very neat guy who really appreciates the brand. Without his help, and a lot of other peoples also, I couldn't have made it to Bonneville the last two years to fulfill me dream and check off that bucket list item.
      Dan

Comment

Ya I always like Tom , met him at a zone meet in Bakersfield many years ago and delivers a few cars his way, does he still the the 52 starlite coupe?
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Hey Bob! The 52 starlight got caught up in a trade for a 55 one ton stude and it now resides in Lockwood Ca. Stan Wells is the go to stude nut up there and as far as I know he still has it! One of these days the boys and I hope to get up there and see you! Tom.
          Tom McCaffrey

Comment

No problem Tom, better make it before I get rid of the shop and then most things will be gone, I will be 71 in Oct. and plan on being out by my 73 rd birthday...Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X