PDA

View Full Version : Stude Torque Converter Alignment Tool on eBay

kurtruk
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Not mine. Someone probably needs it more than me, so I'm letting the cat out of the bag...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120885349210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

candbstudebakers
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Seller is Chuck Kenney, go seller and good guy, bid high and often.

sweetolbob
04-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Can I assume that there is a second piece like a shaft that centers in the flywheel/torque converter to center the listed fixture?

Secondly, I'll echo Bob P's input on Chuck. I've purchased parts from him in the past and he is excellent to deal with. He has listed a lot of parts on the Studebaker swap page including a pair of NOS Lark rear quarters.

Bob

ddub
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Chuck is the only ebay seller I have on my favorite seller list. Great guy.

Orestudeguy
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Ok, I've never seen one before. Does this take the place of dial indicating the trans to the engine?
And if so, can it be used on both 6 clyinders and V/8 engines?

studebaker-R2-4-me
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Ok, I've never seen one before. Does this take the place of dial indicating the trans to the engine?
And if so, can it be used on both 6 clyinders and V/8 engines?

Not exactly. One would use a dial indicator to center a bell housing to the crank, not a transmission. This tool will center the flex plate to the torque converter. What I have done in the past without this tool, is loosely tighten the flex plate to the torque converter then rotate the engine crank several times with the transmission in place, then tighten the flex plate to torque converter bolts. This hopefully this procedure will center the flex plate to the torque converter...

I am looking at this tool but I think you still would need a transmission shaft to use it. I'm thinking it might come in handy in my near future.

Allen

Orestudeguy
04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the explanation..

Dwain G.
04-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Can I assume that there is a second piece like a shaft that centers in the flywheel/torque converter to center the listed fixture?
Bob

Nope, this is the complete tool. Notice the step in the plate between the green painted and unpainted surfaces. That step fits snugly in the bell housing hole. The small opening in the center of the plate fits snugly over the torque converter drive extension.

(S)
04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I missed that one but I think we have it, it went cheap.. Those other tools were the ones I really wanted and they went cheap too, rare items!

studebaker-R2-4-me
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I missed that one but I think we have it, it went cheap.. !

I don't know what happened,... when I looked, I thought there were days left.. I have to learn to read or get better glasses.

Allen

sweetolbob
04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Nope, this is the complete tool. Notice the step in the plate between the green painted and unpainted surfaces. That step fits snugly in the bell housing hole. The small opening in the center of the plate fits snugly over the torque converter drive extension.

Thanks for the explanation Dwain, couldn't picture the complete function in my mind. That tool would save a lot of time and effort.

Bob

63r2
04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Has anyone got one they no longer need?
pb