Somebody got a deal on this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody got a deal on this one

I'm glad I've got resolve against bringing any "new" Studes home anymore. Elsewise I'd been HARD pressed not to toss a bid at this President. Anybody here win this thing???

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Studebaker at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

'Looks like it is relisted due to a non-paying bidder, Bob. Helluva deal! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Anybody here win this thing???
      It wasn't me~ there's already a '58 President sedan in the Family Fleet!!!
      But if that's the car I think it is- it'd make for a good addition to the Fleet...

It looked pretty darn good when I saw it a that Zone Meet in Bakersfield.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Bob K.,: Doesn't that look like the one from the Bakersfield area? I think the family had a developmentally disabled son. Many years back they used to bring the family to the shows in this car (or one like it). We don't seem to have any representatives from Bakersfield on the Forum. Lloyd Prather would know.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

If that's the same one we're talking about, it belonged to John Goodall for quite a spell. I did have that car spring to mind when I first saw it on ebay. Almost certainly the same one. I used to drool over that thing 15 years ago. It was REALLY sharp at the time.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yep, it was also listed a couple of years ago as well: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=power+windows

Craig

Comment

Yes, it is definatly the Bakersfield car, it belonged to Jim (I won't give his last name) who also owns a black 58 packard hardtop for a little while 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

Yes It was the Goodall car. I had a 1954 Cadillac that John wanted so he traded the 58 President to me. I remember John use to drive it all over town. one day the brakes went out and he crashed the front end pretty good. It took him awhile to piece it back together. After that he lost interest in it. I had the car for about 3-4 years then sold it along with a 58 Champion 4dr and a 58 Packard 4dr to a man named Ron in Pomona,Ca. Ron sold it to the current owner about 2 years ago.
                The current seller is one reason why it is hard to sell cars on ebay!! In his first listing he stated that he was the "second owner and got it from a old man down the street who had it in the garage for years". when I contacted the seller and told him he was full of **** and that everyone knew the car's history he told me to mind my own bussiness.
                As Paul Harvey would say " Now you know the rest of the story"
                Alphues

Comment

Hi James,

Do you know the fate of that 58 Packard hardtop in Cotton Center?

Comment

I moved it from there to a garage in town for inside storage for the owner. that car use to be mine. It came from Wyoming.

Comment

Working...
                    X